cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales vs Macys LOL

tag

Bloomingdales vs Macys LOL

Hello All:

Currently I have a bloomingdales amex for 10k and i was maybe intrrested in a macys card for shopping. Is the limit normally the same given. Is it easier for a macys than bloomingdales. Should i apply in the store or online. My brother got a bloomingdales in store for 7k and then applied online for macys and got 300.00!!! So i dont know??

Thanks Again

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Bloomingdales vs Macys LOL

Applying in store is generally better, to avoid ID verification problems.

The underwriting criteria is the same. Your brother got 300 probably because that's the max exposure DNSB is willing to do at this point in time. Many people have reported their CL getting increased within first 90 days however, so don't worry too much about it. They also do SP CLIs.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7

@enharu wrote:
Applying in store is generally better, to avoid ID verification problems.

The underwriting criteria is the same. Your brother got 300 probably because that's the max exposure DNSB is willing to do at this point in time. Many people have reported their CL getting increased within first 90 days however, so don't worry too much about it. They also do SP CLIs.
Thank you, I dont think it would be a problem getting approved but i really dont want a crapy limit!! lol I would want the amex verison too. They pulled experian in NY
Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

I think they are more generous when it comes to limits, at least when u compare it to saks or Neiman Marcus, which is backed by capital one.

Sometimes they give a lower limit and then increase it automatically after the customer makes a few purchases. If you can find good use for the card I would say go for it. I personally don't like their cards because of the level of service they provide and the rewards are meh.

If u sign up, u get 15% discount though for the first 24-48 hours. It applies to luxury goods as well, including Chanel and Louis Vuitton if your local store carried them. It's a nice discount Smiley Happy
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7

@enharu wrote:
I think they are more generous when it comes to limits, at least when u compare it to saks or Neiman Marcus, which is backed by capital one.

Sometimes they give a lower limit and then increase it automatically after the customer makes a few purchases. If you can find good use for the card I would say go for it. I personally don't like their cards because of the level of service they provide and the rewards are meh.

If u sign up, u get 15% discount though for the first 24-48 hours. It applies to luxury goods as well, including Chanel and Louis Vuitton if your local store carried them. It's a nice discount Smiley Happy

Oh i know that with bloomingdales in soho. I live in long island. I bought the wife few items from gucci and louis vuitton LOL !! I think i will go with the macys defintely in the store though. I curently have a saks card with 6k limit. Dosent go that far in that store!! no increase never

Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

The saks and Neiman Marcus card used to be a little better when it was under HSBC. They aren't exactly very generous either, but getting approved for a major purchase account (or whatever u call that) didn't seem to be that hard. After CapOne took over several people I know have complained about getting stuck with a stupid 700-2000 CL store card when most of their other CLs are >15k. Worst part is the application cost them 3 inquiries :/

Let us know what happen with your Macy's app! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Key to Macy's if you want any chance of a decent limit is to apply in store.  You can't apply online for the AMEX version and the store limits get included in the AMEX physical card but, do report as seperate tradelines on your reports.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.