Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdales

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Bloomingdales

So I apped for a Bloomies store card on Black Friday. I got the 800 number and called. Rep told me I was declined but didn't have the reason. OK, so I got my letter in the mail and the two reasons listed for rejection:

1.  Unable to verify my ID (I have FA's on my credit report) - I did call and verify my id, but it didn't help, they did not call me...

2.  Unable to verify information provided on application (they pulled EX so I have no idea what they were unable to verify)

Does it sound like I might have a shot at a recon?

My EX Plus FAKO is 708

TIA, any input. Happy Holidaze.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Bloomingdales

@daisyduke wrote:

So I apped for a Bloomies store card on Black Friday. I got the 800 number and called. Rep told me I was declined but didn't have the reason. OK, so I got my letter in the mail and the two reasons listed for rejection:

1.  Unable to verify my ID (I have FA's on my credit report) - I did call and verify my id, but it didn't help, they did not call me...

2.  Unable to verify information provided on application (they pulled EX so I have no idea what they were unable to verify)

My EX Plus FAKO is 708

You may have a chance for approval during recon if those reasons are not bogus. 

Message 2 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

My EX Plus FAKO is 708

All such denials must be recon'ed. I can't remember - do you have a Macy's card?

Message 3 of 14
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi CWCID, I applied for Macy's and got denied as well. I didn't recieve my letter yet, but they are the same issuer, DSNB...I can't believe i would not qualify for a store card. I have Nordstroms card

there is no phone number on this letter...

I am not sure if EX has my cell number included...I bet that's why both cards were not able to verify my id, I probably have an old number!!.

Message 4 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The two cards are very closely related. Try to get one of the app's fixed up before proceeding with the other. If one won't work the other will not either.
Message 5 of 14
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

OK, I called the number for DSNB that was at the top of the reject letter, can't confirm identity....the rep asked me a series of identity questions, I got the card.

Message 6 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisyduke wrote:
OK, I called the number for DSNB that was at the top of the reject letter, can't confirm identity....the rep asked me a series of identity questions, I got the card.

welcome to the bloomingdales family, i have one  cl 1k....... Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I also got the Macy's card too. Just going to sd it for now, SD both of them, at least try to...I don't usually carry all of my cards in my wallet. I leave them at home because the mall is only a few minutes away from where I work. Temptation is like the devil.  . just trying to rebuild credit history and now that I have my auto loan, I'm willing to take the AAoA dings.....

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daisyduke wrote:
Thank you. I also got the Macy's card too. Just going to sd it for now, SD both of them, at least try to...I don't usually carry all of my cards in my wallet. I leave them at home because the mall is only a few minutes away from where I work. Temptation is like the devil.  . just trying to rebuild credit history and now that I have my auto loan, I'm willing to take the AAoA dings.....

congrats!, just be careful on the macy's, they love to do a CLD, been with them since 07 and still stuck with a cl $300 Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.