Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash/Blue Sky confusion

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Blue Cash/Blue Sky confusion

Got a letter from Amex about a change of terms on one of my cards (which from the number is a BCE).  The condition change was minor (stressing that reward dollar redemption doesn't remove the need for a min payment to be made, which I thought was clear anyway!)   However, the letter was headed Blue Sky and added something about Blue Sky points as well.   

As far as I remember, Blue Sky doesn't allow a statement credit anyway, so I am confused!

I received this just on this card, not on my other BC cards, whereas I would have expected it (without Blue Sky) to go to all cashback cards.   Anyone else got a mixed up letter?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Cash/Blue Sky confusion

Yes, Sky does allow you to cash in points for statement credit. The value is a joke though.

Message 2 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I believe  the Blue Sky is basically like a Venture or Arrival, you can cash out against "travel purchases" at full value or take a normal statement credit at a poor value. However, it only earns 1 point per dollar, so at most I think the value is 1.33%. Not sure why anyone would bother with it considering the many plain cash back cards available above 1.33%.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a card not to bother with by those replies. Good to know ahead of time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.