Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Everyday CLI denial

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Blue Cash Everyday CLI denial

they keep on declining my cli requests. anyone experiencing this too?

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Blue Cash Everyday CLI denial

@scottwagnon wrote:

they keep on declining my cli requests. anyone experiencing this too?

Have they sent you a letter in the past with specific reasons for the denial ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

good thing about amex is you can opt for online denial letters. so instead of waiting 7 to 10 days; i always have the reason for my denial right away.

the reason for my denial stated on the denial letter this time. was because i was denied the last time i requested it in february! in other words, the reason why i was denied was becuase i was denied in february! denied for being denied. denied denied denied.

Message 3 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

No comprende amigo.  

They didn't give you anything else ?   Like your Cardmember risk score is too high ?   

Don't you have to wait 6 months after you get a CLI to request another one ?   When ( if ever ) have you gotten a previous CLI ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 13
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I got denied for my CLI also.  Had the card since March.  Reason being - debt with other creditors... I was like really, Utilization is 1%.  Oh well, I guess I will try again in 91 days.

Don't give up.  Wait 91 days and try again!

Message 5 of 13
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

No comprende amigo.  

They didn't give you anything else ?   Like your Cardmember risk score is too high ?   

Don't you have to wait 6 months after you get a CLI to request another one ?   When ( if ever ) have you gotten a previous CLI ?

American Express

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

May 07, 2012

Reference: Gonna Get You 4 Asking!

Reference: NO INCREASE 4 U! U GO AWAY NOW!

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American Express? Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

You have been declined for a credit line increase on one or more of your American Express accounts recently.

An important notice concerning your rights is included. The creditor is American Express Centurion Bank.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-535-7790 or write to us at the address above. To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

Sincerely,

Tammy Weinbaum

SVP and General Manager

it was february 15 i believe on my last request, i was denied for my 1 to 2 percent util i think. i was granted my last increase in july 2011.

Message 6 of 13
sqrt
Contributor

I heard there is a 6 month rule between CLI? you may should ask CLI every 6 month?

freedom|forward|delta|spg|It|marriott|dividend|ua|aa|csp|typ
Message 7 of 13
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

On a somewhat related note, what happens if a CLI is requested too soon?  Say somebody requests one at five and a half months instead of six.  Do they have to wait another 90 days or another 6 months, or just apply again after the original six months is up?

Message 8 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

All,

Before asking for a credit limit increase plase consider these factors first.. The lender is consider a  few factors when making a decison to grant the increase or not.. First is the income of the applicant. Secondly the credit history of the applicant not with  the lender but all other creditors the applicant has. If neither of these two factors as not changed much if at all then more than likely you will not get the increase.  Also be careful about asking for CLI's over and over. Asking for a CLI is considered the persuit of new credit.. Under the premise that a consumer only applies for the credit they need (NOT want) the question becomes is why is the consumser asking  CLI' over and over.  Which can and will raise a red flag with a lender. In some cases the consumer is doing a juggling act to try to stay above water.  It does not take much for everything to fall apart credit wise.  All that said also keep in mind AMEX is a conservative lender short payment history of a year or less is not long enough.

To amplify about the credit history with a lender a few years ago I opened a new account.  The initial credit limit was very small ($100)  I have a FICO score around 800. So I asked for a CLI shortly after I got the card.  I was denied. Why I asked? The CSR said it was not due to my credit history but the lack of payment history with them. Long story short, today my credit limit is  $2700. That limit is more than enough since ,my balance when I use the card is < 10%. I pay full each month.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 13
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I understand that, but thanks for the lecture.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.