Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Everyday Reward Dollars

tag
mohammadmoghimi
Valued Member

Blue Cash Everyday Reward Dollars

Is there a better use of Reward Dollars than the statement credit? I looked at their online shop but didn't find anything interesting..

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Everyday Reward Dollars

@mohammadmoghimi wrote:

Is there a better use of Reward Dollars than the statement credit? I looked at their online shop but didn't find anything interesting..

Thats what i been using it for ... Other then that Gift cards maybe but thats pretty much it in my opinion 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mohammadmoghimi wrote:

A good general rule for cashback type cards is take the cash (statement credit or check).   Generally avoid merchandise, you can usually get it cheaper elsewhere.   Sometimes you can get discounts on gift cards from some issuers, and these are OK, IF you can use them, and if the cards aren't available cheaper elsewhere (e.g. check giftcardgranny)

Message 3 of 12
mohammadmoghimi
Valued Member

You are right but with Reward Dollars, it looks like there is absolutely no better use than statement credits. Even gift cards are not discounted. In this sense, Discover It is better.

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mohammadmoghimi wrote:

You are right but with Reward Dollars, it looks like there is absolutely no better use than statement credits. Even gift cards are not discounted. In this sense, Discover It is better.

Yes, not sure if they do sometimes have sales on gift cards, but I only use for cash back.  

Sadly, as stated in many posts, the Blue Cash Everyday is simply not a competitive card, in either earning or redemption.

Message 5 of 12
mohammadmoghimi
Valued Member

Do you think it makes sense to PC to the old Blue Cash? and if is possible, will I lose the remaining reward dollars (<25$) in the account?

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mohammadmoghimi wrote:

Do you think it makes sense to PC to the old Blue Cash? and if is possible, will I lose the remaining reward dollars (<25$) in the account?

As you say, may not be possible (most people have failed, though there have been successes).  If it works, you probably will keep the $s, when I PCd from BCP to BCE, my rewards went to the new card.

Whether you should depends on your spending habits.   If you are using the BCE rewards I might first consider getting a Sallie Mae.

Message 7 of 12
mohammadmoghimi
Valued Member

There is official link describing it. Do you the reward system? AFAIK, it's 1% up to 6500$ yearly spend and after that unlimited 5% for gas and groceries. Is this accurate?

Message 8 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

For the first $6,500 each year, you earn 1% on gas, groceries and select drug stores (CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens and one other (not round here!)) and 0.5% on everything else.

Once the $6,500 has been reached, you earn 5% with no cap on gas, groceries and the same drug stores, and 1% on everything else.

One way to think of the $6,500 period is as an annual fee.  If you have say a Quicksilver, you would earn $97.50 on that spend.   If you spend it all on the 1% category, the Blue Cash gives you $65, if all at the 0.5%, Blue Cash gives you $32.50.   So in this example, somewhere between a $32.50 and $65 fee, if you have a 2% card the "fee" is worse etc.

Message 9 of 12
mohammadmoghimi
Valued Member

I waited till some of my reward dollars post then called to PC to BC but heard NO (twice).

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.