Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Preferred Approval

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Preferred Approval

Congrats, though I must tell you...I AM SO JEALOUS. 

I dream about this card and the 6% cash back on groceries since my preteens are already eating us out of house and home. ROTF LOL

Smiley Very HappySmiley MadSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I just use the card and pay the bill. Nothing special. But, my cards are also backdated to 1979 and I am sure that helps!

Ray

wow.  i want in on that party.  really nice!!!

yeah get in line Smiley Happy

I am dating myself here!

Got my first Green Amex in 1979, then moved to Gold, then added an Optima card.

I eventually closed the Gold - did not like the anual fee and really did not use the Optima so I closed it too. I'll admit, when you are young and trying to impress girls, the Gold Card was nice to have!  Smiley Tongue

When I got my Zync card this past Spring, I leared about the back dating from this forum. Took some time, but I got it done. I found a receipt for a camera that I bought in 1984 and used the Optima card to pay with. In those days, the receipt had the full card number on it. Called Amex with that infor and the back date was completed.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

When I got my Zync card this past Spring, I leared about the back dating from this forum. Took some time, but I got it done. I found a receipt for a camera that I bought in 1984 and used the Optima card to pay with. In those days, the receipt had the full card number on it. Called Amex with that infor and the back date was completed.

Ray

1979 now thats the furthest back so far of backdating i have heard

My dad does that too. He always says...you never know one day you might need this receipt. Good example here Smiley Happy Although he also has kept all his cell phones since he got one..yeah even the big one that we used to call the 'soap bar'

Message 23 of 27
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Ray

My dad does that too. He always says...you never know one day you might need this receipt. Good example here Smiley Happy Although he also has kept all his cell phones since he got one..yeah even the big one that we used to call the 'soap bar'

LOL - I had one of those cell phones too!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 24 of 27
nomoore
Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

'soap bar' doesn't seem all that old. Now if he had a 'shaving travel bag' (remember the old bag phones?) I would be impressed. Smiley LOL

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 25 of 27
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I have a old bag phone that looks like a shaving bag that my dad used! Haha! It's heavy as gag of potatoes and has these gigantic batters in it. Can't imagine carrying that around.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 26 of 27
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Nice job and limit!

Did you have a prior relationship with Amex?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.