cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Preferred from AMEX, should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blue Cash Preferred from AMEX, should I apply?

I did hear that recently (that Amex members get a soft pull if declined).

My credit utilization ratio should go sown to 61% after paying down the $3,200.

Can anyone post their utilization rates that got accepted for this card? Thanks to everyone who is replying to this post. The info is all very helpful!

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they consdier your Amex profile and recent credit report or just the AMEX?

Message 12 of 54
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I got accepted 3 months ago with 10% util and 749 ex.

Also, couple of weeks ago, I requested the 3cli and got it. Util was around 5-6% but they used an older sp
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Is there anyone who has gotten accepted with a utilization rate above 60%?

Message 14 of 54
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone post their utilization rates that got accepted for this card? Thanks to everyone who is replying to this post. The info is all very helpful!

I was at 10% when I got this card about a month ago. I think you should go for it. Util is a bit high, but worse case you get denied and it's a SP. If that happens just try again in January.  Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 15 of 54
drew11
Regular Contributor

I also want this card but am waiting, as should you, until January. By then your accounts will have aged more, you will have spent the next ~3 months focused on bringing down your utilization, and your BCP will be backdated to its fullest potential. Don't hurt your internal score with Amex by getting denied now just because you can't wait 3 months and by January you will almost certainly be accepted!

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 16 of 54
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Keep us updated if you decide to apply!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 17 of 54
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Your score will go down with Amex if you apply for another card with them and get denied?

Message 18 of 54
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the BCE with a $2k limit in July of this year with 33% overall utilization. My highest limit card at the time was $4,500 and it had a $3,647 (81%) balance. I didn't get approved for the best APR, and I believe one of the reason codes cited balances.

EDIT: Amex internal score (Experian) was 720. I believe the BCE and BCP have the same underwriting requirements.

Message 19 of 54
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Is there anyone who has gotten accepted with a utilization rate above 60%?

Yup.  But income and history with them can play a part I think.  I had AMEX back in the late 80's, which I closed in the early 90's, got Zync 2011, finally given my old member since date, then approved for BLUE in May.  What they said for my EX was a lot lower than I ever would have expected them to approve, but my history is spotless, highest card 15k, no mortgage or car loans showing (last car loan was over 12 years ago at least.  They usually ask assets and tend to like proof of at least the low 6 figures.  I think my UTIL at the time was around the 60% area and told them I usually had higher UTIL as I take advantage of 0% as much as possible (just like AMEX would).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.