cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Preferred landed! - Moving Credit Lines??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Blue Cash Preferred landed! - Moving Credit Lines??

I knew I should have called and had them overnighted! jk.... kind of! LOL

Anyway, once activated... they set his up to his Costco log in and then I set up my own for my card and I have to admit I was a little sad when I opened up the envolope for the cards to begin with when I looked to see Card Member Since..... 13 Smiley Sad

Flash forward to I set up my online access and it says Congradulations and welcome cardmember since 99!!! WOOT WOOT  Should I call for a card replacement to reflect? my partner thought I spoke idiot when I even mentioned such a thing... so I quitely walked away and then ran to type to you all... I feel like other Amex cardholders do not think that's such a crazy thought. right?

Anyway, My next question is the credit line $2,000.00 on this new Blue and $18,200.00 on his Costco.... When I asked first rep it took almost the full 5 minutes of weird back and forth confusion to find out that she was going to put in for a moving of the credit line but it would count as an application for credit! and yes it would effect the CLI at 62 days.

Second Rep said that it was like an application and would count against the 62 days. because they treat them as 2 accounts "alone" huh?

So then I said well that's silly but if you are "Really" counting the 2 accounts and seperate then why is it only a $2k limit, their is no way you pulled a score under 750!

That kind of made her stop and she asked to put me on hold and then came back a few minutes and asked that we call Monday to credit and gave direct number stating she usually didn't have such "Direct, Specific questions and it was out of her field of knowledge and that's why she would like us to call them direct"

I thought that was nice that she didn't try to fake it and do something that would not have been good for us!

But has anyone moved credit lines lately?

So much better when you could do it online!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Preferred landed! - Moving Credit Lines??

Creditaddict wrote:Flash forward to I set up my online access and it says Congradulations and welcome cardmember since 99!!! WOOT WOOT  Should I call for a card replacement to reflect? my partner thought I spoke idiot when I even mentioned such a thing... so I quitely walked away and then ran to type to you all... I feel like other Amex cardholders do not think that's such a crazy thought. right?

I sort of agree with your partner, what matters is what is on your account.  What's on the card really doesn't impact anything, unless you are expecting to get reactions to a Member Since 99 date when you use the card (which is unlikely!)  On the other hand, if you want it for any reason (confirmation that the date is right, or to feel good) get Amex to send a new one.  They certainly will, they sent me an updated one without me asking, which meant I had to update stored data as the CCV had changed....

Message 2 of 3
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Preferred landed! - Moving Credit Lines??

Credit limits can be reallocated. The from account must be open for 13 months, and the new account must be open for at least 30 days I believe.

If it were me, I would wait for the 61 day CLI then process a reallocation as you please. There will be no credit pull, but if you ask them they will tell you a cr may be obtained.

It is a normal request to have the member since date changed so don't sweat that, call them yourself!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.