Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash Preferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Blue Cash Preferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So back in March I apped for this card and was denied. Smiley Sad  About 2 weeks ago I got a letter from AMEX saying that a mistake was made on my app and they invited me to reapply.  I was going to just leave well enough alone since I got the CSP that I apped for at the same time.  Well, you know what can happen to a bored gardener....I apped just minutes ago... and was APPROVED for a BCP!!!! Smiley Very Happy I am doing my happy dance, baby! Next month, Chase Freedom and I'll be done. What a long, hard, satisfying journey this rebuild has been. These forums are wonderful!

How do I find the CL? Is there a phone number or website? Thanks!

Edit: I totally forgot about the backdating! Smiley Very Happy I have been with them since 2001! What will this do for my score? Big bump, little bump?

2nd edit: Said I was going to wait until next month for Freedom, but pulled trigger a little bit ago (encouraged by my AMEX success) and got the pending further review message.  What does that mean? What is the likelihood of approval?  Anyone else get this message followed by approval??  It's the last card on my list.

Update: So I called for recon Saturday afternoon and after the longest 3 minutes ever, Brandy told me that she could not approve my app because of too much new credit-3 cards in 6 months. Smiley Frustrated Whatever. I'll give it a year and try again. It's the last card that I wanted so I'm good.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Cash Preferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either you call them or wait for the card. They don't tell your CL online.

Message 2 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Call them up. They will tell you by phone...use one of these numbers on the backdoor list.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 12
djrez4
Established Contributor

Congrats!  You're exactly where I want to be in a few months.  Nice job!

Message 5 of 12
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 6 of 12
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Way to go...congrats

Message 7 of 12
frisbie124
Valued Member

Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Glad to see amex had a change of heart, congrats.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I would love to apply for that card... but as of now my uti is high... 40ish %

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.