cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Cash vs Chase Freedom: Which is better? The numbers.

tag
FICOfanatic
Valued Member

Re: Blue Cash vs Chase Freedom: Which is better? The numbers.

Are all Chase Freedom cards Signature Visas?  I was interested in doing a product change to this, but I thought all Signature cards do NOT report credit limits and effect utilization.

Is there a specific Chase Freedom I should ask for?
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the fine print on the website, they will first consider you for a Signature Visa, if you do not qualify they will give you the platinum.

There was a recent article that the "visa" is a points only now without the extra bonus. But I can not find verification on this. So it could be wrong. However the new commercials talk only about points. Which @ the 5000 level points = $50 cash but below that level it doesn't.

However the MC version still looks as though the bonus still stands. I am not sure though.

I can't apply for new credit, but if I was going to I might call Chase and ask them to walk you through the specifics (I am annoying like that).

Good luck!
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Ummm, wow. It IS amazingly helpful. I opted not to go for the Blue Cash card several months ago, because just doing an "eyeball/rough estimate," I figured I'd never run enough through the card to make it worthwhile. My 30-second rough estimate proves to be right, based on your numbers. Thanks for the confirmation.

(And find a hobby. Quickly. Smiley Wink)
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheech wrote:

(And find a hobby. Quickly. Smiley Wink)

I thought this was a hobby! Smiley Surprised

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.