Valued Member
FICOfanatic

Re: Blue Cash vs Chase Freedom: Which is better? The numbers.

Are all Chase Freedom cards Signature Visas?  I was interested in doing a product change to this, but I thought all Signature cards do NOT report credit limits and effect utilization.

Is there a specific Chase Freedom I should ask for?
Established Contributor
miahmarie

According to the fine print on the website, they will first consider you for a Signature Visa, if you do not qualify they will give you the platinum.

There was a recent article that the "visa" is a points only now without the extra bonus. But I can not find verification on this. So it could be wrong. However the new commercials talk only about points. Which @ the 5000 level points = $50 cash but below that level it doesn't.

However the MC version still looks as though the bonus still stands. I am not sure though.

I can't apply for new credit, but if I was going to I might call Chase and ask them to walk you through the specifics (I am annoying like that).

Good luck!
Frequent Contributor
Cheech

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Ummm, wow. It IS amazingly helpful. I opted not to go for the Blue Cash card several months ago, because just doing an "eyeball/rough estimate," I figured I'd never run enough through the card to make it worthwhile. My 30-second rough estimate proves to be right, based on your numbers. Thanks for the confirmation.

(And find a hobby. Quickly. :smileywink:)
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Cheech wrote:

(And find a hobby. Quickly. :smileywink:)

I thought this was a hobby! :smileysurprised:

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+