Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Crush Everyday

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Crush Everyday

You shouldn't have a problem turning that blue crush that you have into a blue cash everyday. 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 26
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

I think you would have no doubt getting it. I got the BCE with a EX score of 720 and only a 6 month credit history.

Message 12 of 26
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I just got the card and I have a serious deliquency, student loan, from 6 years ago.  No other negs, but do have many new cards in the past two years, and lots of inquiries.  My score is under 700!  I did not instant approval though, I got the 14 day message, which was a joke, since minutes later they sent me an email saying that I got the card.  I was actually on the phone trying to recon it and didn't even know I got it.  I did get a low limit of $1000, but hey whatever, with good use and moving over some of the limit on my Delta Sky Pesos card, I will be fine.  With you low limits I don't think it will matter too much about the utilization, but certainly if you drop the utilization on all cards as low as you can it will boos your score.  Amex can be pretty good with CLIs anyway if you use the card and don't abuse your other cards. 

I got the BCP, since I figured out the cost of the card and spending meant that there is at least about $100 in benefit after the fee.  I am not so interested in the Sallae Mae card from Barclays, since I already have a Barclays card and have not had much love from them since I got the card.  Since the SM card is a World card I expect Barclays to be a bit more harder in approving me for than than AE would be, especially due to the number of new accounts.  I can certainly wait for a while to even think about that card.  I might have to close my current card with them to get them to be nice to me.

I think you should simply go for it and try.  I think the few point you might add in a month won't really matter too much.  And even if you are declined, then you can always be bold and recon it.  (You might even be able to recon the woman too.)  Amex has great customer service and some of their products are nice too.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 26
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's really impossible for us to say for certain one way or another but my guess is that your profile should be fine.  I'd suggest optimizing utilization and ensuring it reports before applying for anything as it can affect the terms and limits that you may receive.

@SunriseEarth wrote:

My advice is to go for it.  Both AMEX and the ladies. 

+1 Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  There is something to ensuring that you're in the best shape possible but waiting too long can also end up nowhere.  Experience helps with both topics as well.

Message 14 of 26
Joteism
Regular Contributor

That's it - I'm applying today after work! I'm afraid I might do something stupid if I get denied.  Smiley Happy  Or approved for that matter... 

Message 15 of 26
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

That's it - I'm applying today after work! I'm afraid I might do something stupid if I get denied.  Smiley Happy  Or approved for that matter... 

Good luck bud!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 16 of 26
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Cue the Jeopardy theme, We are waiting.  Good luck to you.  I am living through you at the moment because I am still not prepared to app for the Amex.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 17 of 26
Craaaig
Valued Member

tag for results!
Discover IT $5k | Target RED $1.5k | Capital One QuicksilverOne $1k | EXPRESS Next A-List $990 | Barclay Rewards $850 | Capital One Platinum $500
Message 18 of 26
Jitdc2
New Contributor

Go for it and good luck! If you haven't already applied then go ahead and pull the trigger. You will be fine. I was approved for the Platinum card and gold skymiles with lower scores than yours and a six month old 60 student loan derog.
Message 19 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

How'd it go?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.