Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Nile do shopping cart trick?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Blue Nile do shopping cart trick?

Anyone know or how easy they are compared?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blue Nile do shopping cart trick?

@Creditaddict wrote:

What/Who is Blue Nile...LOL.  Still at it eh?  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Jewelry

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Jewelry

Oh my... do you need my ring size?  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Blue Nile, as good as they are, hasn't truly caught on with mainstream consumers I don't think so there isn't a fantastic amount of credit information on them... especially as they've switched back-end lenders 4ish times in the past decade.

They seemed pretty generous when it was backed by MBNA before the slump, now that it's Comenity post-mortgage meltdown who knows, only see the one datapoint for a gold-plated individual.

        
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Jewelry

They have great prices on Platinum Men's Rings... Jewelry really confuses me, my partners engagement ring came from Tiffany and I love it because it doesn't look like anything else but Diamond wise it's itty bitty for ct weight (paid for the blue box!)

we want matching Platinum Wedding bands

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Jewelry

They have great prices on Platinum Men's Rings... Jewelry really confuses me, my partners engagement ring came from Tiffany and I love it because it doesn't look like anything else but Diamond wise it's itty bitty for ct weight (paid for the blue box!)

Oh gotcha, I had never heard of them.  I was thinking it was something like an exotic Egyptian store that sold nice Arabian rugs or something like that (don't ask me why)...LOL.

So, you're in the market for Platinum bands I see... I wonder how high the CLs would be on a Blue Nile account (given that Platinum is not cheap).  And, seems like they have some interest free plans as well.  Just looking at who does their CC, it appears it's the same one as my Barney's New York CC (Comenity Capital Bank - sibling to Comenity Bank).  AFAIK, I doubt they would offer the shopping cart trick since the Comenity Capital Bank retail partners tend to be the higher-tier ones than say VS, J.Crew or Express. 

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Jewelry

Oh gotcha, I had never heard of them.  I was thinking it was something like an exotic Egyptian store that sold nice Arabian rugs or something like that (don't ask me why)...LOL.

So, you're in the market for Platinum bands I see... I wonder how high the CLs would be on a Blue Nile account (given that Platinum is not cheap).  And, seems like they have some interest free plans as well.  Just looking at who does their CC, it appears it's the same one as my Barney's New York CC (Comenity Capital Bank - sibling to Comenity Bank).  AFAIK, I doubt they would offer the shopping cart trick since the Comenity Capital Bank retail partners tend to be the higher-tier ones than say VS, J.Crew or Express. 

Oh thanks, I hadn't realized and noticed that comenity has 2 arms basically.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.