Reply
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,736
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?

Hey guys

 

So I just received a preselected offer on the Blue Sky ($0 annual fee) card. 30,000 bonus points after $500 spent in the first 3 months, worth up to $400 in travel purchases. I can totally see myself redeeming that bonus offer, since I have about $489.70 left to pay off by the end of October for my cruise in January 2014, split between my boyfriend and I, so I could redeem like $250 from the Blue Sky and redeem any miscellaneous expenses that result from the cruise with the rest. Going to Atlanta in February for a conference that is mostly PIF anyways thanks to the American Meteorological Society, so points could help toward baggage fees and rental cars. Also a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases. APR after that would be 17.24%, but i always PIF when there's no 0% offers, so that's not a big deal.

 

I wasn't planning on applying for anything, but that offer looks really good for the Blue Sky. Just wondering if it's REALLY worth something to bite, or if the bonuses on the Blue Sky have done better. If it's not the greatest deal, then I'll pass. If it is, I think I'll take it and start my relationship with AMEX!

 

I have until August 19th, which is fine, because I'd like for a inquiry to drop off of experian anyways, due to fall off in the beginning of August...

 

cute packaging for it too, comes with a mini paper "passport" with a fake Blue Sky card in it!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,277
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hey guys

 

So I just received a preselected offer on the Blue Sky ($0 annual fee) card. 30,000 bonus points after $500 spent in the first 3 months, worth up to $400 in travel purchases. I can totally see myself redeeming that bonus offer, since I have about $489.70 left to pay off by the end of October for my cruise in January 2014, split between my boyfriend and I, so I could redeem like $250 from the Blue Sky and redeem any miscellaneous expenses that result from the cruise with the rest. Going to Atlanta in February for a conference that is mostly PIF anyways thanks to the American Meteorological Society, so points could help toward baggage fees and rental cars. Also a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases. APR after that would be 17.24%, but i always PIF when there's no 0% offers, so that's not a big deal.

 

I wasn't planning on applying for anything, but that offer looks really good for the Blue Sky. Just wondering if it's REALLY worth something to bite, or if the bonuses on the Blue Sky have done better. If it's not the greatest deal, then I'll pass. If it is, I think I'll take it and start my relationship with AMEX!

 

I have until August 19th, which is fine, because I'd like for a inquiry to drop off of experian anyways, due to fall off in the beginning of August...

 

cute packaging for it too, comes with a mini paper "passport" with a fake Blue Sky card in it!


Seeing how I know your background so well and you have stayed true to gardening so I assume your scores have rebounded even tho you have a lot of new accounts under 6 months...I think you should be ok for one more but there's a catch .............hummm

 

Friday night social / party ROFLOL

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,736
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?


myjourney wrote:

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hey guys

 

So I just received a preselected offer on the Blue Sky ($0 annual fee) card. 30,000 bonus points after $500 spent in the first 3 months, worth up to $400 in travel purchases. I can totally see myself redeeming that bonus offer, since I have about $489.70 left to pay off by the end of October for my cruise in January 2014, split between my boyfriend and I, so I could redeem like $250 from the Blue Sky and redeem any miscellaneous expenses that result from the cruise with the rest. Going to Atlanta in February for a conference that is mostly PIF anyways thanks to the American Meteorological Society, so points could help toward baggage fees and rental cars. Also a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases. APR after that would be 17.24%, but i always PIF when there's no 0% offers, so that's not a big deal.

 

I wasn't planning on applying for anything, but that offer looks really good for the Blue Sky. Just wondering if it's REALLY worth something to bite, or if the bonuses on the Blue Sky have done better. If it's not the greatest deal, then I'll pass. If it is, I think I'll take it and start my relationship with AMEX!

 

I have until August 19th, which is fine, because I'd like for a inquiry to drop off of experian anyways, due to fall off in the beginning of August...

 

cute packaging for it too, comes with a mini paper "passport" with a fake Blue Sky card in it!


Seeing how I know your background so well and you have stayed true to gardening so I assume your scores have rebounded even tho you have a lot of new accounts under 6 months...I think you should be ok for one more but there's a catch .............hummm

 

Friday night social / party ROFLOL


I actually don't have a lot of new accounts under 6 months!! Inquiries, I have one under equifax, otherwise everything else is old...most recent card was the sapphire, and that was November! I'm actually now at 2 years AAoA!

 

And ahahah i'll totally be there!! Considering I won't be pulling the trigger until the last minute (would like to get all my cards except for JCP which has a 12 month 0% financing on my new bed down to 0 with just the jcp reporting), I'm in the garden for a whole other month :smileytongue:

 

Also myjourney I'm off this Friday!! I've been sick since Monday too, some kind of virus, hoping it's not meningitis due to the headaches and neck stiffness...tylenol and excedrin are doing WONDERS though for it...so I'll see you then! can't wait to partay!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,277
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?

[ Edited ]

I think your good to go you have nice cards with nice limits ....Go get em!!!!!!!!!!

See your Friday Yay ....Party....:smileyhappy:

 

Feel better

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,736
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?


myjourney wrote:

I think your good to go you have nice cards with nice limits ....Go get em!!!!!!!!!!

See your Friday Yay ....Party....:smileyhappy:

 

Feel better


Thanks!

 

Also gonna keep the thread active, just want to see what everyone's opinion on the offer is...APR seems to be the lowest they approve for...

 

I read on flyertalk after some googling that they had a 37,500 bonus point offer sometime last year or the year before, but no one's seen anything like it since then...past years have also shown the 30,000 bonus points after $500 spend as the best offer.

 

Anyone remember that 37,500 bonus point offer? Was it for $500 or $1000 spend?

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Frequent Contributor
oscar_actuary
Posts: 292
Registered: ‎03-25-2013

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?

$400 easy dollars and no compelling reason not to,

Yes go get it.

 

They sent two to us yesterday.  They must've forgotten that we already signed up.  $800 is nice.

FICO EX 739, 2013 Jun. FICO TU08 791, 2014 Apr. FICO EQ 736, 2013 Aug.
BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club GE Dscvr 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 21.6k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k; JC Penny 2011 1k

Valued Contributor
takeshi74
Posts: 2,329
Registered: ‎06-05-2013

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?

Worth's always highly subjective so it's your call.  It's not worth it to me but it seems worthwhile to you.

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,736
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?


oscar_actuary wrote:

$400 easy dollars and no compelling reason not to,

Yes go get it.

 

They sent two to us yesterday.  They must've forgotten that we already signed up.  $800 is nice.


Cool! Thanks for your advice...after doing some research, looks like a great offer!

 

@takeshi: definitely any targeted offer depends on personal worth...sure, $400 worth of travel is an awesome offer for this card, but if one doesn't travel, then it's entirely useless, because then you cannot apply the statement credits for their full value!

 

I guess my main question was: has anyone seen better on this particular card? If so, I won't take it. If not (and it seems like this is actually the best offer around for the card recently), then this is something for me to jump on!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 24,499
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,736
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Re: Blue Sky 30,000, 0% Intro APR 15 months, worth it?


09Lexie wrote:
Good luck if you decide to app!

Thanks, Lexie! I'll keep everyone informed for when I go for it! Latest i can app is August 19th, so we'll have to see how soon I can get 5 of my cards down to 0 and reporting! Last statement posting date would be for my Shell Drive for Five card on July 28th, and then it's the waiting game for all 3 reports to catch up XD

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+