Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Sky and Amex Travel

tag
cyclesport45
Established Member

Blue Sky and Amex Travel

Greetings, Earthlings.  I just got (last month) the Blue Sky card, mostly for the $400 worth of sign-up points.  I don't travel much, and am not married to any particular airline or hotel, so the flexibility of this card's points appealed to me, too.  My question; is there any benefit for me, with the Blue Sky card, to use Amex's Travel page to book anything?  The hotel prices do seem to be very competitive with the usual suspect sites (Orbitz, Expedia, Captain Kirks, etc. . . )  But the airline tickets, not so much.  Am I correct in that booking with Amex Travel gets me nothing extra in the way of points, therefore I can just pick the best price from anywhere out there?

Chase Freedom(5.3K), Citi Double Cash (8.8K). Citi Thank You Preferred(10.2K) DCU Platinum Rewards(10K), REI Visa(9.6K) Amex Blue Sky(5K), Amex Blue Cash Preferred (20K), Crate & Barrel (3.5K) Discover IT(16.5K) CSP (28K)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Blue Sky and Amex Travel

@cyclesport45 wrote:

Greetings, Earthlings.  I just got (last month) the Blue Sky card, mostly for the $400 worth of sign-up points.  I don't travel much, and am not married to any particular airline or hotel, so the flexibility of this card's points appealed to me, too.  My question; is there any benefit for me, with the Blue Sky card, to use Amex's Travel page to book anything?  The hotel prices do seem to be very competitive with the usual suspect sites (Orbitz, Expedia, Captain Kirks, etc. . . )  But the airline tickets, not so much.  Am I correct in that booking with Amex Travel gets me nothing extra in the way of points, therefore I can just pick the best price from anywhere out there?

Yup, you are absolutely right! I find it's better to go through other venues first, then redeem my points on the card!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.