Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue from AMEX upgrade?

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Blue from AMEX upgrade?

When I applied for the Blue I thought I was applying for the BCP back in april. Evidently I wasn't paying attention and got the Blue. When I log into my account online and see all cards it says "Upgrade Now"....how does that work? I know that the Blue basically earns MR points but the BCP would get me some good cold hard cash wouldn't it? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Blue from AMEX upgrade?

Yep, it's a cash back card ~ before you decide on upgrading you should do the math to see if the rewards will offset the $75 AF.    Otherwise I would just probably PC to the Blue Cash Everday ( BCE ).

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

BCE has an "Apply Now" button not the "Upgrade Now" button...the 2 that are for upgrade are Blue Sky Preferred and Blue Cash Preferred. Of course those are the 2 because they carry an annual fee. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If that's the case then I would just give them a call and ask if you can PC ~ it might be possible.   Also unless you have had your card for a year you might not actually be able to PC or upgrade to anything ~ it's worth a call to find out if you can change at all....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will not be able to "upgrade" or product change to a card with an annual fee until after 12 months, due to some new law where issuers can't raise fees for the first 12 months, it's not just Amex policy.  You can however product change to another card without an annual fee, like the Blue Cash Everyday; but the Preferred would require a new application.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.