Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueSky Preferred Approval/BCP APR reduction

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: BlueSky Preferred Approval/BCP APR reduction

Good move. You can pc change to blue cash at some point too.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@ Crashem

I wish I had a Costco near me.  I'd have gone for that card in a minute.  It is baffling to me that there really aren't any real dining rewards cards out there besides Citi Forward.  

Chase Amazon = 2 pts for Dining / Restaurants, 2 pts for Gas, 2 pts for drugstores, 3 pts for amazon purchases. Rewards can be redeemed in  $50 increments for cash or statement credit, or, they can be used to pay for purchases at amazon, in any dollar increment.  There is no AF.   Its a better reward card than the plain sapphire IMHO.   Citi Forward is better for Amazon purchases, but for those of us who are not Citi fans, Amazon card is nice.

It's very interesting info!  Thanks!  I didn't even consider Amazon card because I don't shop there.  I appreciate the feedback!  I'm going to look into this card as well. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:
How long didd you have your BCP before you got the APR reduction?

I got the BCP in late Dec.  I waited till after the 6 months 0% APR to expire before asking.   It really was quite easy, it was like it was already approved, just had to ask. Smiley Happy  I think it's cool because now my current APR is lower then the starting APR when apping for this card.  

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 13 of 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

AmEx is definitely trying to compete with CSP, although I agree that the CSP is superior for the reasons Chasem stated. When you combine CSP with the Freedom card and Chase Checking, it's an even more lopsided comparison.

I had no intention of singing up for a Blue Sky card, but AmEx sent me a 40K Blue Sky (non-preferred) taregeted offer literally the day I was going to apply for a BCP using the generic online form, so I took the $500 in free money instead. Smiley Happy

40K bonus for apping?  That's really pretty amazing!  I wish I could have gotten that one!!!!  I got the 15K offer and it's worth $200 statement credit.  37.5K is worth $500 statement.  You made out like a bandit and since you had resigned to take a hit for the AMex anyway, Double KUDOs to you! CONGRATS!!!!

Message 14 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@bribro wrote:

AmEx is definitely trying to compete with CSP, although I agree that the CSP is superior for the reasons Chasem stated. When you combine CSP with the Freedom card and Chase Checking, it's an even more lopsided comparison.

I had no intention of singing up for a Blue Sky card, but AmEx sent me a 40K Blue Sky (non-preferred) taregeted offer literally the day I was going to apply for a BCP using the generic online form, so I took the $500 in free money instead. Smiley Happy

40K bonus for apping?  That's really pretty amazing!  I wish I could have gotten that one!!!!  I got the 15K offer and it's worth $200 statement credit.  37.5K is worth $500 statement.  You made out like a bandit and since you had resigned to take a hit for the AMex anyway, Double KUDOs to you! CONGRATS!!!!

Oops, I meant to say 30k bonus points for a $400 statement credit. But thanks haha. I suspect they targeted me because of my recent CSP card that I use somewhat frequently.

The whole thing was amazingly serendipitous; I had every intention of apping for the BCP that night, and when I went to check my mail in the afternoon I saw the mailer from AmEx. At first I was a little bummed it was for Blue Sky, but when I realized it was a $400 sign-up bonus it became a no brainer. My plan is to buy some plane tickets to NYC tonight for ~$500 (so $100 net cost to me) and then PC the card to BCE. I also received a mailer for the AmEx Gold Premier Rewards card with a 50k signup bonus and 1st year AF waived. I'll have to do my homework on that one.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 15 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Bribo, didn't you do preselector on amex site previously? My guess that has more to do with targeted offer if true.
Message 16 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Bribo, didn't you do preselector on amex site previously? My guess that has more to do with targeted offer if true.

What's preselector? I also made sure to opt-in (www.optoutprescreen.com/) to credit card offers. I was receiving occasional refi offers for my car loan, but can't recall any recent CC offers prior to my opting in.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

What's preselector? I also made sure to opt-in (www.optoutprescreen.com/) to credit card offers. I was receiving occasional refi offers for my car loan, but can't recall any recent CC offers prior to my opting in.

That's when you go to Amex website and there is selection to see if any cards are preselected for you. You type in some info and it recommends some cards.
Message 18 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

That's when you go to Amex website and there is selection to see if any cards are preselected for you. You type in some info and it recommends some cards.

The "View Your Special Offers" thing? Yes, I did that. It would make sense that they use that for preselecting people for offers. Take note people!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.