Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluebird from Amex?

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: Bluebird from Amex?

For those fortunate to have followed the recent threads much info was shared.  MS is a simple concept but there are a couple of technicality which requires understanding the local market and availability of products.  My concern is if people with only partial knowledge go about MS the wrong way and either get their accounts cancelled or mess up for everyone MSing. 

For this reason I won't be engaging deeply on future how-tos of MSing.    

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 41 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

For those fortunate to have followed the recent threads much info was shared.  MS is a simple concept but there are a couple of technicality which requires understanding the local market and availability of products.  My concern is if people with only partial knowledge go about MS the wrong way and either get their accounts cancelled or mess up for everyone MSing. 

For this reason I won't be engaging deeply on future how-tos of MSing.    

The risks of MS to do harm to you, when you don't know what you are doing is very real, less so the chance of messing it up for everyone, unless you happen to discover a little known trick and reveal it, but then you are only messing it up for the few who were using it.

On FlyerTalk, someone mentioned this his wife was told, by Amex, that getting rewards on reload cards is not allowed on the Amex Blue Cash (the MS card de jour).  Lots of comments of the form "Why did she ask??????" but the claim is that the agent brought it up first.    Issuers are aware, they may not always have the means or will to stop it, as in general it is a tiny loss compared to their overall credit card profits.    Standard fraud is a much bigger concern.

Message 42 of 49
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

It's okay I'll be sure to include a few bags of potato chips beforing ringing up at supermarkets.  Smiley Happy

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 43 of 49
Yj002
Established Member

It's quite mind blogging that some people still use credit cards to climb up the social ladder. Unless you own an Amex black card, there nothing you can be proud of. Yes, I own a bluebird card. Do I use it often? I don't use it anymore. Do I shop at Walmart at times? Yes I do. How much of my average spending per month? I spend on average around $12k-18k on Amex Platinum and Amex gold combined. While I hate certain walmarts, but I'm not against shopping at Walmart, but it wouldn't be my first choice of grocery shopping.
Message 44 of 49
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

It's okay I'll be sure to include a few bags of potato chips beforing ringing up at supermarkets.  Smiley Happy

+1 ROTFL, don't forget a soft drink to wash down the chips. Smiley Very Happy, you might need some bubble gum too.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 45 of 49
Kate8196
New Visitor

Does anyone actually have the Bluebird card?
Message 46 of 49
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Kate8196 wrote:
Does anyone actually have the Bluebird card?

Posters be careful with your answer to this !!

BlueBird Card from Walmart?

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 47 of 49
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Yj002 wrote:
It's quite mind blogging that some people still use credit cards to climb up the social ladder. Unless you own an Amex black card, there nothing you can be proud of. Yes, I own a bluebird card. Do I use it often? I don't use it anymore. Do I shop at Walmart at times? Yes I do. How much of my average spending per month? I spend on average around $12k-18k on Amex Platinum and Amex gold combined. While I hate certain walmarts, but I'm not against shopping at Walmart, but it wouldn't be my first choice of grocery shopping.

Pardon me....Do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 48 of 49
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This thread is locked and under Moderator review.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.