Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 5% Offers

tag
kekrre
Contributor

BoA 5% Offers

I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention these before. I got my first one for October-December on my Worldpoints Platinum Plus Visa - it was 5% back on the first $500 in gas, groceries, and maybe restaurants and something else. I thought it was a one-time promotion, but I just got an email regarding my Cash Rewards Plat Plus Visa.

I don't think I made the full $500 in spend on the card, but they credited me the $25 back (automatic statement credit) when I did my product change in November->December.

The categories are:

1st quarter: airfare, hotel, travel agencies, car rentals, cruises

2nd quarter: hardware, interior furnishings, garden supplies

3rd quarter: office supply, book stores, shoe stores, electronic stores, computer stores

4th quarter: book stores, toy stores, electronic stores, sporting good stores, department stores

I don't know if everybody gets these categories, or if the categories are different for different cards (I got gas/groceries last quarter - those are standard categories on the Cash Rewards)

It's not as good a deal as the $1500/qtr * 5% on the Freedom/It/More, or the $6000/yr * 5% on the Dividend, but it is on top of the 1% 2% 3% general/grocery/gas (1.1% 2.2% 3.3% for checking customers). That brings the maximum bonus cashback possible on the card from $198 ($1500/qtr gas only) to $298, in line with the $300 possible on the 5% cards, so it's not a bad deal at all for a no AF card.

So yeah, anybody else get this offer?

*To be eligible for this cash back offer, your account must be open with charging privileges and you must activate this offer by March 31, 2013. From the date you activate this offer through March 31, 2013, you will earn 5% cash back for eligible purchases (excluding credits, returns and adjustments), up to a total of $25. To qualify for this cash back offer, the transaction must be assigned one of the following specified merchant category codes: Airfare (3000-3299, 4511), Hotels (3501-3999, 7011), Travel Agencies (4416, 4417, 4722), Car Rentals (3351-3441, 4121, 7512), and Cruises (4411) (each an "eligible purchase" for this offer). Purchases made at a merchant that does not process transactions under these codes, fees, interest charges and unauthorized or fraudulent transactions will not qualify. You will receive your cash back reward in the form of a statement credit to your account. If your account is converted to a different rewards program or to a card without a rewards program during the offer timeframe, the offer is no longer valid. Allow up to 10-12 weeks from the end of the promotion for the statement credit to appear on your credit card account billing statement or online statement. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Total Minimum Payment shown on your monthly billing statement. We reserve the right to verify eligibility of all transactions.
|||||||
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.