Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 99/500

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: BoA 99/500

Apr reductions are not a hard pull. Here is how the 99/500 offer worked for me 2 years. 

Applied for cash rewards visa, denied but offered the 99/500 deal. I accepted it with annual fee and 20.54% APR.

3 months after having the card, I requested 1-2-3 cash rewards added to it, no problem. 

From day one, there was a CLI button and I hit that button many times and each time it was a hard pull and basically let me add additional funds to my card. 

I was hopeful that eventually they would offer me a a CLI unsecured but never happened. Instead I always just added a few more hundred dollars to the card. 

At nine months I called for a graduation. took another hard pull on tu. I was unsecured but terms remained the same.

The next day, I emailed the CEO. Within 24 hours received a phone call from the office of the president saying my annual fee is waived and she gave me a 3 times CLI of limit. 

So although my card was unsecured and still had special terms, it was in boa's mindset a secured card in relation to the terms. The apr was never going to be lowered a back door analyst told me and even when I reached a 5k limit, they wouldnt give me a signature. 

So I emailed the CEO again, ther retentions department called me next day and said No problem, signagture card on the way and apr is reduced. 

If you want anything done with them, contact the office of the president to get the ball rolling. Also my TU fico was over 700 once I was able to get the card to 5k and convert it to a signature. I also have a 7 year banking relationship with them. 

Message 11 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Apr reductions are not a hard pull. Here is how the 99/500 offer worked for me 2 years. 

Applied for cash rewards visa, denied but offered the 99/500 deal. I accepted it with annual fee and 20.54% APR.

3 months after having the card, I requested 1-2-3 cash rewards added to it, no problem. 

From day one, there was a CLI button and I hit that button many times and each time it was a hard pull and basically let me add additional funds to my card. 

I was hopeful that eventually they would offer me a a CLI unsecured but never happened. Instead I always just added a few more hundred dollars to the card. 

At nine months I called for a graduation. took another hard pull on tu. I was unsecured but terms remained the same.

The next day, I emailed the CEO. Within 24 hours received a phone call from the office of the president saying my annual fee is waived and she gave me a 3 times CLI of limit. 

So although my card was unsecured and still had special terms, it was in boa's mindset a secured card in relation to the terms. The apr was never going to be lowered a back door analyst told me and even when I reached a 5k limit, they wouldnt give me a signature. 

So I emailed the CEO again, ther retentions department called me next day and said No problem, signagture card on the way and apr is reduced. 

If you want anything done with them, contact the office of the president to get the ball rolling. Also my TU fico was over 700 once I was able to get the card to 5k and convert it to a signature. I also have a 7 year banking relationship with them. 

That is awesome. Do you happen to have the email for the CEO?

Message 12 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Google boa ceo and it will come up
Message 13 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Google boa ceo and it will come up

Indeed...

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have the CEO email

ive had the 99/500 card since 2011

NEVER GRADUATED 

tried probably after my first year of having the card

did a hp they said my credit wasn't up to par

ive been building my credit

improved it

tried again yesterday

they said my credit file wasn't the problem 

and they acknowledged the major improvement

it was my payments 

they said by me only paying the minimum and few times a year paying more than that is not enough

mind u I've never been late on a payment or anything 

i need to call and complain

and try to graduate this card

please if someone has the email address I would greatly appreciate it

Message 15 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have the CEO email

ive had the 99/500 card since 2011

NEVER GRADUATED 

tried probably after my first year of having the card

did a hp they said my credit wasn't up to par

ive been building my credit

improved it

tried yeaterday

they said my credit file wasn't the problem 

and they acknowledged the major improvement

it was my payments 

they said by me only paying the minimum and few times a year paying more than that is not enough

mind u I've never been late on a payment or anything 

i need to call and complain

and try to graduate this card

please if someone has the email address I would greatly appreciate it

Google BofA CEO and it should come up.

Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to my local branch and spoke to branch manager. He was trying very hard to getting my business account back with them.  I told them I would think about it.  I have banked with them since it was Nations Bank, so a long time. 

They took the AF forever.  Will be interesting to see what happens after the 9th statement cuts!  After I close on a home I will take a hard pull for the APR reduction, but it isn't a big deal since I am not one to carry balances.  Only reason I am carrying balances is for the scoring game for mortgage app, but now I am ok. 

For APR reductions you can just call and ask if a lower one is available to you, you may not need to take a HP. Good luck.

Thanks!  Will go talk to branch manager.  I do not want to call and risk the rep tell me it is soft pull and it ends up the opposite. 

Just sit on your hands my mortgage friend Smiley Happy.

You can sort all of that out after closing.  Mortgage >> Credit card anything

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.