Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Alert

While I was viewing my 3 reports on CreditSecure this morning, I noticed that I had a new BoA tradeline. My previous tradeline being closed as "Lost or Stolen"! Given that I have my card in my possession (it was never missing) and that I didn't make any lost or stolen reports, I called BoA & logged in to online banking where I noted a new account number and the due date blank.

When I got an account manager on the line, she told me that my card was "in a block of numbers that VISA reported as compromised". She wasn't able to give me any additional information or specifics. A new card was issued for me yesterday, apparently. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Alert

Same thing recently happened to me just last week.  BOA reported a new tradeline, with the old tradeline reporting lost or stolen.  I have my old card with me.  They said my account was compromised too.   I recevied two new cards last week with different account numbers.  I use the card that matches the account number listed on my credit reports, and that appears on my online account.  I didn't bother to call them.  BOA is mess with customer service!!
Message Edited by DI on 11-10-2009 10:16 AM
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Whew! I'm safe. Thankfully the old TL only remains for another 2 yrs before falling off, from what I understand.
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Whew! I'm safe. Thankfully the old TL only remains for another 2 yrs before falling off, from what I understand.

Are there any affects to the FICO score if two of the same tradelines reporting?  I disputed the lost or stolen TL with EX as being a duplicate.  

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The only impact I believe is the history, especially as it relates to your AAoA.

Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

LilMirth

I suspected Comcast had something to do with my card number being compromised.  I had only used the card to pay them. Not sure if you get cable/internet with Comcast.  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

DI wrote:

LilMirth

I suspected Comcast had something to do with my card number being compromised.  I had only used the card to pay them. Not sure if you get cable/internet with Comcast.  

Hmmm... I used to have Comcast, but I switched just about 4 months ago. I did pay my last Comcast bill with my BoA credit card.
Message 7 of 9
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I got this letter last week and also my new cards.  I hadnt used my card since May and I currenly live in Europe.

Got the same type letter back in Sept for World MC from BOA as well.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As it should turn out, I received a letter in the mail yesterday (from BoA) informing me of the data compromise by an "undisclosed third party", and that I should receive my new card in 3 to 5 days.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.