cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA BBR - Anyone getting BT or PC offers?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

BoA BBR - Anyone getting BT or PC offers?

I was just curious as to whether BoA was actively sending out balance transfer or product change offers for the (now discontinued) Better Balance Rewards card? I've had my card since 11/2015, and have personally never received any BT offer, so I don't have much personal experience with them. Conversely, I know several forum member use the BBR as their go-to BT card, because they get frequent offers on it. 

Also, has anyone started receiving any indicators that BoA is going to nerf the card, like suggested PC's? Even with BoA holding my primary checking, I don't think I'll stick around if they force me to another card, like their no-benefit BankAmericard. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA BBR - Anyone getting BT or PC offers?

Still getting them, i take advantage of 1 , like 3 days later the same offer comes in the mailSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTs - all the time

PCs - none to date

Message 3 of 6
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Yes still getting recurrent BBR BT promo offers.  No PC offers so far.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Can simply call the # on back of your card and 9 out of 10 times they will offer you a BT offer if that is what you are seeking.

Message 5 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Can simply call the # on back of your card and 9 out of 10 times they will offer you a BT offer if that is what you are seeking.

I don't need a BT right now, but I have heard in the past that it's better to call the number on the card than wait for a mailer. The last time I tried calling them, they put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back with a credit counselor, who wanted to know why I was asking for a balance transfer at the purchase APR. I then spent another 5 minutes trying to explain that I was not asking for a 22% APR balance transfer. Smiley Frustrated

I'm really just wondering how long BoA will let us stick with this card. It's my only BoA card, so I don't have any past experience with how they handle discontinued products. For instance, I know Amex hardly ever gets rid of a product, they just stop offering them to new customers.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.