Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Better Balance Rewards

tag
w003ptr
Contributor

BoA Better Balance Rewards

So this card comes with 12mo of 0% APR.  Can I just make a large-ish purchase, pay $1 over minimum, and just carry that balance all year to qualify for the quarterly $20?  Or do you need to make a purchase each month?

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA Better Balance Rewards

As long as you give more than the minimum payment when carrying a balance you should receive that quarterly bonus.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 6
RockySC
Established Member

Can I charge a $9.99 bill to this card each month and have it set up to auto pay off the balance in full and get the benefits of this card? If I did, what would the minimum payment of $9.99 be each month? I know you have to pay MORE than the minimum so I'm thinking a $9.99 bill may not be enough for me to be able to pay MORE than the minimum since the minimum may be the full balance on such a low total each month.

Message 3 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@RockySC wrote:

Can I charge a $9.99 bill to this card each month and have it set up to auto pay off the balance in full and get the benefits of this card? If I did, what would the minimum payment of $9.99 be each month? I know you have to pay MORE than the minimum so I'm thinking a $9.99 bill may not be enough for me to be able to pay MORE than the minimum since the minimum may be the full balance on such a low total each month.

I wouldn't recommend that because when the credit comes it can leave you with a zero balance reporting which will make you not eligible for the next one so the best scenario is to utilize a great 0% apr or a good BT offer or something of the sort. Smiley Happy OR Light bills each month or somthing over 50+ each month.

Message 4 of 6
RockySC
Established Member

Is it not a good idea to ever pay the balance in full each month when doing this then?

Message 5 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

No of course you can.. you can't PIF before the statement cuts otherwise if you do you're ineligible for the reward. :-/
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.