Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Better Balance Rewards

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA Better Balance Rewards

@ficobgtx wrote:

Well, well, well - I spoke too soon. For what did I find in the mailbox today - about 3 weeks after trying to PC my AMEX and getting a reply that the case was closed (but obviously successful) - but my Better Balance Rewards card. After being denied a PC to Fidelity AMEX, I didn't even bother calling in after I saw the case closed email. Guess I should have...

Better Balance Rewards - say hello to Netflix!

Good for you!  I may have to re-strategize my use. 

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 21 of 41
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:
Again, I don't have actual experience with use of the card, but everything I've read shows that it is that simple.  Carry a balance and pay more than the minimum each month and you will receive the quarterly reward.  They pulled EQ for me, but I think they can pull any of the 3.  3 to 4 weeks is what I was told by the CRA, but hopefully it won't be that long.

Good to know!  I wonder why it takes so long to get a new card from them?  Most credit card companies want to get their cards out to people a.s.a.p. so people can start using them right away.

Truly not sure why it takes so long.  I know that my card will have EMV built-in and when I had that done with my PenFed Cash Rewards card took about 3 weeks.

I guess the inclusion of the EMV chip is what accounts for the delay.  It only makes sense in that regard.  Too bad the card has a 3% FTF.

I don't think that is it - I just got mine 3 weeks after PC, and I didn't request an EMV.

I have other no-FTF cards with chips - and they are all chip-and-sig anyway. Can't wait for CSP to go chip-and-pin (supposedly "this year")... hopefully in time for a vacation to Europe in August.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 22 of 41
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@BigBS wrote:
Again, I don't have actual experience with use of the card, but everything I've read shows that it is that simple.  Carry a balance and pay more than the minimum each month and you will receive the quarterly reward.  They pulled EQ for me, but I think they can pull any of the 3.  3 to 4 weeks is what I was told by the CRA, but hopefully it won't be that long.

Good to know!  I wonder why it takes so long to get a new card from them?  Most credit card companies want to get their cards out to people a.s.a.p. so people can start using them right away.

Truly not sure why it takes so long.  I know that my card will have EMV built-in and when I had that done with my PenFed Cash Rewards card took about 3 weeks.

I guess the inclusion of the EMV chip is what accounts for the delay.  It only makes sense in that regard.  Too bad the card has a 3% FTF.

I don't think that is it - I just got mine 3 weeks after PC, and I didn't request an EMV.

I have other no-FTF cards with chips - and they are all chip-and-sig anyway. Can't wait for CSP to go chip-and-pin (supposedly "this year")... hopefully in time for a vacation to Europe in August.

I am truly curious why it takes so long. 

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

what the *** ? is it worth it ? should apply for new card ? im new to credit so in the begining getting an annual fee card was all i had. So my question do people keep it anyway and keep going or do they eventually cancel it and get a no annual fee when their credit matures ?

We thank you for providing us with the information required to process the product change for the Better Balance Rewards. Please be informed that since your credit card (Cash Rewards) is a annual fee product, the annual fee will be transferred over to the new product. In this case, you will have to apply for the Better Balance Rewards product with no annual fee. However, if you would still like us to continue with the product change, we kindly ask you to reply one more time with your confirmation.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you online. Should you have any further inquiries, please e-mail us again. Thank you for choosing Bank of America. We hope you have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Bank of America
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PCed my old plat plus that had an AF to the BBR. I then emailed the EO and got the AF removed.
Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

so you saying you went ahead and changed it to Better Balance Rewards and then request the annual fee removed later ? i was trying to do both change it to better balance rewards AND remove the annual fee. I rather email then having to talk to someone. What did you say in the email ? i just want to tell them i would like to change my platinum plus to better balance and remove the annual fee completely. Should i say ''or i will close it.'' Smiley Very Happy   

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead with the change first. Then when I got my card I emailed the EO. I told them I had been a customer for such long time and I wanted to keep doing business with them but a credit card with an AF did not fit my portfolio and if they would consider removing it...I gave them my phone number and the next day someone called me...I was planning on keeping the card anyways since the 120$ /year outweighs the 59$ AF I had.
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

why are BoA cc so ugly Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask anything like your salary when they called or they just called to tell you they be gladly to remove annual fee ? i can't find the EO email i think someone has to PM me

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

why are BoA cc so ugly Smiley Sad

yeah  i know and i was looking at the new Citi Double Cash and everyone says that's uglier Smiley Very Happy but soon nobody going to care about what cards look like because the new wallet going to be the iphone Smiley LOL http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-teams-with-top-credit-cards-for-iphone-6-payments-reports-say/

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.