cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI Denied

tag
Llemuc

BoA CLI Denied

I requested a CLI on Friday, May 10.  Called in today to inquire about the status of it and was told that I got denied because of too high utilization.  I asked what utilization they saw, and she quoted amounts that were paid off 2 weeks ago.  When I mentioned that she stated that the report was from April 18th and they see that as current.  When I asked why a report wasn't pulled on the day I requested she brought up the law and their right to use a "current" report which is up to 30 days old.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
kibarrow
Established Member

Re: BoA CLI Denied

Yikes.
Which BoA card btw? I am only 4 months in with them w/a decent CL. Not happy with what I see as a criminal APR after the 1yr 0% is up. (Visa Travel awards & BoA Amex)
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 2 of 17
Llemuc

Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Visa.  I've had it for over 2 years now and this if the first time I've asked for a CLI.

Message 3 of 17
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Llemuc wrote:

she brought up the law and their right to use a "current" report which is up to 30 days old.

Ouch. That's messed up.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 17
kibarrow
Established Member

I automatically assume history etc in other accounts are pristine over the last 9 to 12 months and salary equal or slightly above when you opened acct. (lower debt equals increased income as well). That being said... And trust me I'm sincerely asking because if they lower the rate after my 1 yr, I'll be in the same boat potentially.
BoA made many documented damaging mistakes with unfair loans and housing that they are still paying hefty fines for. To regain trust (and pay for fines) they gave lots of credit out. I sense they've forgotten about that and are back to unreasonable CL's and stagnant CL growth. Just an opinion about BoA. I admit I was extremely happy to get the Amex and Trav Rew from them. Opinion slowly changing. Not expecting miracles... It's a bank. That's the long way I saying I feel for ya, and I would also look at other Banks given you don't have too many inquiries.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 5 of 17
Llemuc

I have 0 negatives on any accounts, no missed payments, no late payments, nothing.  All accounts are under 30% util except one, and that was because I got a great rewards deal out of it.  Salary has gone up quite a bit since then.  She immediately went on the defensive when I mentioned that it seemed unreasonable to me that I requested the CLI on Friday and they used that old of a report.  She said she'd be happy to pull another report and do another hard inquiry on my credit.

Up until this point I had never had any issues with BoA, I've used the card off and on the past 2 years for lots of different things, enjoyed the cash back on gas when other cards aren't in 5%.  But this has definitely turned me off of BoA, I'll end up paying the small balance off this month and just never use it again.

Message 6 of 17
kibarrow
Established Member

So no CLI in the entire time? Or just none recently? One of My colleagues asked for a CLI and honestly he was the first person I literally saw that had an 800 score...many close but not quite. (Actually 799 but who's splitting hairs) he was declined. He immediately closed it. He's told me since then he's gotten the attention from them but not interested anymore. He only asked because they don't (or haven't) given periodic CLI.
So you're not alone.
I don't think you can go wrong with dropping another 6-7% in debt (and I see why a CLI would help) and shop elsewhere. And also HANG up! Just click... Whenever you're not getting the service you need. Whenever you sense somebody is on the wrong side of happy. It's your credit... And at nurse ratchet or Pissed off Pete's discretion.
Message 7 of 17
Llemuc

Not a single CLI the entire time I've had the card.

This is the only card other than my USAA Amex that I've never gotten a CLI on.

Message 8 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA is a weird one. I would call and escalte this issue.

Message 9 of 17
kibarrow
Established Member

Now that I do not understand. Not on your end.... From their end. Cap One...that's been my experience with them so I PIF and closed them both after I got CSP and Citi HHonors Reserve. Haven't looked back. Citi has given an increase already. Now at 15k.
So that's where my advice was coming from. If they're not fitting your needs... Move on. Move on strategically more important. Pay that sucker in full. Get the letter it's payed and reflects and when it's at zero, then apply elsewhere. I just needed the push, but please remember to be strategic and careful.
(And pls forgive me if this is elementary to you... I've finally gotten out of my bondage with sub par/prime cards and realized I spent 2 years with them I didn't need to)
Can't stress enough and anyone will second it... Be strategic in exiting. And I liked what another member asked in a diff thread....are they there for you or you for them? I am on team consumer:-). Get your 0% percent or points...whatever you need it for..vacation etc. pay it off and make a nice exit. (Responsible and strategic exit to help your credit)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.