cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI Denied

tag
Llemuc

Re: BoA CLI Denied

Just received a follow-up call regarding the issue.  At first I was somewhat hopeful that maybe they would apologize and offer to do another soft pull rather than put a hard pull on my report.  That went right out the window though.  All they did was reiterate that they are allowed to use reports up to 30 days old and that if I would like to they'd be happy to pull a new report right now, but it would result in a hard inquiry.

Oh well, learned a bit more today.

Message 11 of 17
kibarrow
Established Member

Thx 4 the update. I don't know why some will do soft pulls and grant immediate CLi(citi)
Some want to act as though your business is new.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 12 of 17
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

This is a red flag for me.  My 6th billing statement closes today and I was going to request a CLI tomorrow, but I think I'm going to put it off a few more months.  I had HIGH utilization a few months ago that I've lowered , but who knows, they may pull an old report for me too! LOL! So I'm going to wait a while longer..ugh!!!!

Message 13 of 17
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Ive had the same problem and I havent used their card since. Ive had mine since I was 18 and now Im about to be 22. Ive also had checking and savings with them since 17. Never once did anything to them  ,also perfect credit report. I started at 750 and never once got a cli and burned about 5 hard pulls since then(although havent done one in over a year). They also always say they dont do soft pulls or automatic clis which I know is false based on the forum , but bank of america is just one of those banks , either their amazing or they suck , nothing in the middle.

Message 14 of 17
toppers555
Established Contributor

I haven't had a problem with them current have 10k+  worth of credit with them.  I  never been given a soft cli , which I don't mind. Could be me , but I am one of those people not bend on getting soft cli. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 15 of 17
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

I just got a boa CLI last week, 5k-10k. Hard pull of course. Asked for 12k. Got the explanation letter for why they didn't do 12k. 797 tu score with 4k/10k reporting on my c1 card. Overall utilization 4k/25k. My 10k was approved instantly.
Message 16 of 17
beenjammin
Valued Member

Why did they do a HP on April 18th? If you want the CLI, and you know your utilization isn't what they are seeing, then why not take another hit?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.