Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI Help !!!

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

BoA CLI Help !!!

Ask CLI on last Thursday via online banking, and still saw no increase yet. Should I call them now?

Some ppl said I should got increased in few days even if you did not call them.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
calogan
Established Member

Re: BoA CLI Help !!!

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@calogan wrote:

Congrats on the increase!

DO NOT CALL is the best advice you can get.  This situation is SOP (standard operating procedure) for BOFA, even though you could have called right away and talked to someone to review your CLI request, someone got around to finally reviewing your request and approving it.  You're done, you have your CLI, and there is no need to talk to them futher about this.

Within the next week or two you'll get a letter mailed to you stating that your request was received and approved.

If you can avoid talking to BOFA about your credit cards, you avoid the possibility of AA (adverse actions) or CLD (credit limit decrease).  While these are unlikely in your situation since your CLI was approved, there is no benefit to further contact right now.

What is the harm in calling about it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
calogan
Established Member

@LS2982 wrote:

What is the harm in calling about it?

EDIT: Looks like i misread what he meant by "and still saw the increase"

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 4 of 10
stone
Regular Contributor

sorry Smiley Sad my typo Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you dont call they will try to call you. I called and got an increase after a few questions. It was a hard on TU.

Message 6 of 10
stone
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I will call them tomorrow, but there is a HP inq on file already on the day i requested.

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@stone wrote:

Ask CLI on last Thursday via online banking, and still saw no increase yet. Should I call them now?

Yea I would give them a call. May have been declined and a letter is on the way.

edit: noticed reply earlier, if you have a HP for it more than likely they declined but you may be able to recon oover the phone.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@stone wrote:

Yea I would give them a call. May have been declined and a letter is on the way.

edit: noticed reply earlier, if you have a HP for it more than likely they declined but you may be able to recon oover the phone.

+1, I would not let a hard pull go without any reconsideration at least you can say to yourself I have tried everything I could.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 10
stone
Regular Contributor

called them, and countered with $500 increase, that is $1500 line total. not worth it since it is a HP

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.