Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI Request and EX FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA CLI Request and EX FICO

Well, I requested a CLI from BoA about 2 weeks ago, my BankAmericard 123 Cash Rewards World MasterCard is @ 10K now, and I got the "Please call for instant decision"

I did not call, waited about a week and no CLI, so I called, I spoke to a very nice guy who explained that the current CL I have with BoA is very high based off of the income I listed, I was told that BoA would normally give a CL of 5K-to a high of 8500 with the income that I have listed with them, but because of my extremely high EX FICO and perfect reports, BoA has extended more than they would normally to someone with my income.

So I was declined, but for only one reason "my income" the Acct Manager said to me that the CL I have is normally for cardholders that report an income of 50K+.

I said not a problem at all and I appreciate your time and we ended the call.

So just yesterday I received a letter from BoA, thanking me for the request blah blah, and just now I was shredding a bunch of papers and I was just about to stick the BoA letter in the shredder when I noticed the word "FICO" on the second page, so I stopped and had a closer look and it said "Credit Score Disclosure" **Your Credit Score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 798 which was created on December 12, 2011 and provided by a credit reporting agency, Experian PO Box blah blah**

Sad to be declined for CLI, but ecstatic that my EX FICO is 798, soft pull (all reports are froze).

So yeah, glad I saw the word "FICO" before I stuck that paper in the shredder, even tho I was declined for CLI, I'm just as happy to know my EX FICO has gone up by 12 points since 10/02/11 when AmEx sent me my Congrats letter and an EX FICO of 786, I guess the BCP card being backdated to 91 being reported now and two inq's hitting the year mark is what caused the 12 point gain.

Just thought I'd share.

Happy Holidays my Friends!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: BoA CLI Request and EX FICO

BOA is ridiculous. Who rejects a CLI from someone who has a 798? If you were denied, then I most certainly will be again. Last time my score was a 731. They basically didn't give it to me because I don't use the card as much as they would probably like and because I recently got a mortgage. They cited the mortgage as a reason saying that my "limits were too close to the loan amount". Funny because I've received two CLIs from Old Navy and gotten a brand new shiny Citi Amex card since signing my mortgage yet BOA rejects me.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear that Mustang.

BOA i guess is beign very uptight with their CL since their credit card portfolio is being sold.

But AMEX gave you a nice CLI Smiley Happy

WIth scores like yours, i wouldnt even worry.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogfan12 wrote:

BOA is ridiculous. Who rejects a CLI from someone who has a 798? If you were denied, then I most certainly will be again. Last time my score was a 731. They basically didn't give it to me because I don't use the card as much as they would probably like and because I recently got a mortgage. They cited the mortgage as a reason saying that my "limits were too close to the loan amount". Funny because I've received two CLIs from Old Navy and gotten a brand new shiny Citi Amex card since signing my mortgage yet BOA rejects me.

Well it really had nothing to do with my score, it was an income issue, I make decent money, but no where near 50K, then again I may have been fed a line of bull, I have never even come close to the 10K CL I have now, so that could also play part why I did not get it.

Thank you for the reply, and Merry Christmas

@CS800 wrote:

Sorry to hear that Mustang.

BOA i guess is beign very uptight with their CL since their credit card portfolio is being sold.

But AMEX gave you a nice CLI Smiley Happy

WIth scores like yours, i wouldnt even worry.

Yes AmEx has given me a total line of 19,900 not including my PR Gold.

I really did not need the CLI, but when they are free (no hard) why not try right?

Thank you CS, and I Wish You a Merry Christmas my Friend.

Message 4 of 6
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the credit score increase!  I can't wait to see the day when all three become 800 across the board, so I can only imagine what you're feeling.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skinnyminnie wrote:

Congrats on the credit score increase!  I can't wait to see the day when all three become 800 across the board, so I can only imagine what you're feeling.  Smiley Happy

Thank you very much.

I'm hoping by March 2012 I'll have em all at or above 800, time will tell.

Thank you again, and Merry ChristmasSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.