cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI Request or Wait for Automatic?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BoA CLI Request or Wait for Automatic?

Wow, that's interesting! They took me from $10K to $15K over the phone after about 6 weeks, and then again from $15K to $18K online last week. No hard for either; soft on EQ the first time and soft on EX last week.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which number did you use?  I see several listed for CLI's.  

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Wow, that's interesting! They took me from $10K to $15K over the phone after about 6 weeks, and then again from $15K to $18K online last week. No hard for either; soft on EQ the first time and soft on EX last week.

Message 12 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Which number did you use?  I see several listed for CLI's.  

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

When I called for one, it was back in March. I'm reasonably sure that I just called some CS number on the site. Guy #1 couldn't approve it (the computer didn't have me eligible yet), so he volunteered to pass me on to Guy #2, who was a credit analyst, and he ran the numbers and said OK.

"Credit analyst" is the magic phrase.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called for my last CLI, I played the card that American Express had given my the highest limit so I used it for everything. They could see I wasn't using my BofA and I guess they could see the limit of my Amex (13,800). The took me from 7,500 to 15,000 and told me to use the BofA card more often. I took the 15,000 and still only use the Amex. Just a thought if you have a card with a higher limit than BofA.

I wonder if it would work in reverse if I called Amex? Not going to push my luck.
Message 14 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

RGordon wrote:
I wonder if it would work in reverse if I called Amex? Not going to push my luck.

I have found both Amex and BoA will match your highest CL.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I will probably ask Amex for a CLI at my year mark in Nov.
Message 16 of 21
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:

RGordon wrote:

I have found both Amex and BoA will match your highest CL.

If I add my BofA (5k) and my Amex (1k) limits together they equal my highest CL (excluding AUs).  LOL.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them up and tell them to help you out.

:-)
Message 18 of 21
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

RGordon wrote:

Oh I have.  Trust me, I have.

BofA tells me if I got rid of my 25k AU card, they could help me out.  And well, a 1993 open date is helping me out, too.

Amex just tells me -- yeah, we let you in with that Delta card, but we're not convinced you're worthy.  They also remind me that my EX report needs improvement.  Just wait until Dec, Amex -- then I'm coming for ya!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I have. Trust me, I have.

BofA tells me if I got rid of my 25k AU card, they could help me out. And well, a 1993 open date is helping me out, too.

Amex just tells me -- yeah, we let you in with that Delta card, but we're not convinced you're worthy. They also remind me that my EX report needs improvement. Just wait until Dec, Amex -- then I'm coming for ya!

Not to be nosey, but what did they say needs improvement on your CR. I am going to ask for a CLI from Amex towards the end of the year. Just want to have my report look good. Thanks in advance
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.