Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI???

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA CLI???

it is $2500 i started out at $800 when i first got the card but my chase cards have more then that so i may focus on those instead...i plan on paying down all my cards to get a UTL of 10-20% then ask for CLI on my chase cards

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 11 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

With BOA it's a hit or miss. I asked for a CLI online and someone called me,went over my file and gave me a CLI with a SP. Knowing BOA, I was expecting a flat out denial. YMMV Sorry about your denial from them Smiley Sad What was your current CL?

Message 12 of 22
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Did you already shred it? I mean you could always ask them if there is a CLI they are more comfortable giving you? I haven't know BoA to just want to jump up and give your highest limit. Maybe they can match the Chase?

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 13 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

You could try again. FIA denied me and after about three weeks I got a friendlier person who approved it less than one minute. Closing them won't do you any good.

2500 seems to be in line with the other cards, except for the two new Chase cards you opened. Shredding the card seems a bit much.

Message 14 of 22
dodfire
Valued Contributor

What was your UTL % when you requested the increase?

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 22
creditcardz
Established Member

I think you would have had better results had you paid off the balance prior to asking for an increase. That has worked for me with BofA. I've actually found them to be generous with increases *when* my overall util has been low as well as my balance with them.

Message 16 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

By general rule, I tend to ask for 2X my current CL with conservative banks.

Message 17 of 22
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

ok so ill ask again maybe ill call back tomoorrow or so and see what they say even if i can get them to match chase

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 18 of 22
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

ok so ill ask again maybe ill call back tomoorrow or so and see what they say even if i can get them to match chase

Ok Afbar, you probably know how much I detest the BOA.   But....    They have given you CLIs to get you to 2500.  They don't often move very fast.   Being they are actually granting you CLIs though, if you don't have an AF for that card, hold on to it (yes, I nearly gagged saying that, but it's in your best interest).

Here's the thing,  BOA likes to see frequent PIFs.   So if you've been carrying a balance on that card, and ask for a triple, it's not likely to happen.   I wouldn't try to get the CLI right away after just trying.  PIF a few times or so then try again for a lower CLI.   They WILL eventually HP you if you ask to often in a short period of time.

Discover likes usage and they tend to like people who carry a balance.  Use them (BOA and Chase) for whatever cash back program you have with them and play their game.  Done right, you're more likely to get a CLI from the BOA than from Chase with a SP later, Discover again too in probably 6 or so months.  

Btw, glad to see you made it out of toy limit land, and rather quickly too   Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.