Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

BoA CLI

I recently tried to apply for a Bank of America cli and I was given a standard 5-7 message.  I called the backdoor number and was told that I was declined due to very low credit scores.  What threw me off was that my fico score for EQ is 710 and my TU score should be over 700 as well.  I have no baddies on my report either.  The only baddie I can think of is my short credit history which is currently at 9 - 10 months.  Would that be enough of a reason to deny me?  Any help would be much appreciated!

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 565
Registered: ‎02-21-2008
0

Re: BoA CLI

I think it these times BOFA is looking for higher scores, say anything above 750 . And the short history maybe a factor as well
Established Contributor
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Re: BoA CLI


plasticguy wrote:
BOFA is looking for higher scores, say anything above 750 .

It may be a sign of the times,But who are they the next Amex?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 498
Registered: ‎01-29-2009
0

Re: BoA CLI

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

 

They just dont seem to have any rhyme or reason lately . 


Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800


Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: BoA CLI

Congrats you have good scores and BofA (who doesn't) likes to see usage on their cards. They like you.
Established Contributor
Posts: 717
Registered: ‎03-05-2008
0

Re: BoA CLI


Woolfman wrote:

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

 

They just dont seem to have any rhyme or reason lately . 


       Based on the current climate, maybe you didnt receive an additional CLI based on the above. If I am reading correctly, you just received a $1500 CLI last month. From what I have read about BofA, they dont give CLIs every month, and Im sure they probably arent now with the existing "credit crisis."  Hopefully others who additional experience can chime in.


Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: BoA CLI


koalas123 wrote:

I recently tried to apply for a Bank of America cli and I was given a standard 5-7 message.  I called the backdoor number and was told that I was declined due to very low credit scores.  What threw me off was that my fico score for EQ is 710 and my TU score should be over 700 as well.  I have no baddies on my report either.  The only baddie I can think of is my short credit history which is currently at 9 - 10 months.  Would that be enough of a reason to deny me?  Any help would be much appreciated!

 


Do not give up. Try nother recon. I was denied for my first app and my request for a CLI. Reconned and was granted both requests. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 498
Registered: ‎01-29-2009
0

Re: BoA CLI


PurpleHaze wrote:

Woolfman wrote:

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

 

They just dont seem to have any rhyme or reason lately . 


       Based on the current climate, maybe you didnt receive an additional CLI based on the above. If I am reading correctly, you just received a $1500 CLI last month. From what I have read about BofA, they dont give CLIs every month, and Im sure they probably arent now with the existing "credit crisis."  Hopefully others who additional experience can chime in.


I was just relaying my experience , Im not the OP and havent tried to get another CLI since :smileyhappy:  

 

We both have similiar scores and a short credit history . 


Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800


Established Contributor
Posts: 717
Registered: ‎03-05-2008
0

Re: BoA CLI


Woolfman wrote:

PurpleHaze wrote:

Woolfman wrote:

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

 

They just dont seem to have any rhyme or reason lately . 


       Based on the current climate, maybe you didnt receive an additional CLI based on the above. If I am reading correctly, you just received a $1500 CLI last month. From what I have read about BofA, they dont give CLIs every month, and Im sure they probably arent now with the existing "credit crisis."  Hopefully others who additional experience can chime in.


I was just relaying my experience , Im not the OP and havent tried to get another CLI since :smileyhappy:  

 

We both have similiar scores and a short credit history . 


Can you say oops ... I was not paying attention and thought the post I responded to was from the OP. My apologies.


Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎03-04-2009
0

Re: BoA CLI

So just an update... I attempted to recon with another backdoor analyst and apparently the person I spoke to earlier did not really know what she was talking about.  I was denied because of my overall short credit history and because I owed too much.  My utilization is currently under 5% and the only thing I really owe is my student loan which is coincendentally a federal stafford loan by Bank of America.  Right now it is deferred until I graduate but do you guys think that it would be a factor in my being denied a cli?  Thanks for all the help!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.