Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI

tag
koalas123
Valued Member

BoA CLI

I recently tried to apply for a Bank of America cli and I was given a standard 5-7 message.  I called the backdoor number and was told that I was declined due to very low credit scores.  What threw me off was that my fico score for EQ is 710 and my TU score should be over 700 as well.  I have no baddies on my report either.  The only baddie I can think of is my short credit history which is currently at 9 - 10 months.  Would that be enough of a reason to deny me?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: BoA CLI

I think it these times BOFA is looking for higher scores, say anything above 750 . And the short history maybe a factor as well
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticguy wrote:
BOFA is looking for higher scores, say anything above 750 .

It may be a sign of the times,But who are they the next Amex?

Message 3 of 10
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

They just dont seem to have any rhyme or reason lately . 

Message 4 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Congrats you have good scores and BofA (who doesn't) likes to see usage on their cards. They like you.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

Well my scores are currently right around 710 ( about 720 when i hit the button)  and i have ran a balance on my world points mc from 900 of 1000 available to around 100.00 balance more recently  and last month i hit the CLI button and I went from 1000 to 2500 cli.  My card was opened right at a year ago  as of this month. My util at the time was below 10 percent on all available credit lines. Everything on my report is aged a year or less besides on CC from 10 yrs ago that had a 300 limit (closed by consumer)

Based on the current climate, maybe you didnt receive an additional CLI based on the above. If I am reading correctly, you just received a $1500 CLI last month. From what I have read about BofA, they dont give CLIs every month, and Im sure they probably arent now with the existing "credit crisis."  Hopefully others who additional experience can chime in.

Message 6 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@koalas123 wrote:

I recently tried to apply for a Bank of America cli and I was given a standard 5-7 message.  I called the backdoor number and was told that I was declined due to very low credit scores.  What threw me off was that my fico score for EQ is 710 and my TU score should be over 700 as well.  I have no baddies on my report either.  The only baddie I can think of is my short credit history which is currently at 9 - 10 months.  Would that be enough of a reason to deny me?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Do not give up. Try nother recon. I was denied for my first app and my request for a CLI. Reconned and was granted both requests. 

Message 7 of 10
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Woolfman wrote:

Based on the current climate, maybe you didnt receive an additional CLI based on the above. If I am reading correctly, you just received a $1500 CLI last month. From what I have read about BofA, they dont give CLIs every month, and Im sure they probably arent now with the existing "credit crisis."  Hopefully others who additional experience can chime in.

I was just relaying my experience , Im not the OP and havent tried to get another CLI since Smiley Happy  

We both have similiar scores and a short credit history . 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Woolfman wrote:

I was just relaying my experience , Im not the OP and havent tried to get another CLI since Smiley Happy  

We both have similiar scores and a short credit history . 

Can you say oops ... I was not paying attention and thought the post I responded to was from the OP. My apologies.

Message 9 of 10
koalas123
Valued Member

So just an update... I attempted to recon with another backdoor analyst and apparently the person I spoke to earlier did not really know what she was talking about.  I was denied because of my overall short credit history and because I owed too much.  My utilization is currently under 5% and the only thing I really owe is my student loan which is coincendentally a federal stafford loan by Bank of America.  Right now it is deferred until I graduate but do you guys think that it would be a factor in my being denied a cli?  Thanks for all the help!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.