Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards AMEX

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

BoA Cash Rewards AMEX

Logged on today as I have been considering applying for the cash rewards AMEX (I have the accelerated rewards AMEX from BoA). I noticed that it is missing from the website. Does anybody know if BoA has stopped taking applications for this version of their AMEX card?? It was such a good looking card too!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Cash Rewards AMEX

Here it is <----THIS HELPS?

Message 2 of 13
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

NO. That's the one I already have. They had a cash rewards version, which was platinum color at is all of a sudden gone from the website.
Message 3 of 13
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Uh Oh... I just had a PC mix up, trying to change my Accelerated World point Amex (the black card) to the cash version(the silver card). They changed me over to the 1-2-3 Cash rewards visa instead. So I called last week to get changed back to the Accelerated cash Amex - and it is supposed to be in process. I just looked online and sure enough the cash version is gone only the points version shows. I wonder what I'll end up with this time!
Message 4 of 13
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Yea. Looks like it's gone. Hopefully you'll get it as it was just there last week.
Message 5 of 13
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Keeping my fingers crossed for it! Looking at my notes it was 10 days or so ago I re-requested the PC. I talked with someone at a backdoor number last week to confirm that the request was in for the correct card this time. He confirmed it as changing to the cash amex. I may call again tomorrow and see if I get a different answer...
Message 6 of 13
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Let us know what happens. I'm gonna call CSR and find out but often the reps don't always know!!
Message 7 of 13
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone with CSR - It looks like there is no conversion in the system at this point for my card to go to a accelerated cash amex...??? I asked about trying again for the cash Amex card and she said it would not go through because the card is no longer offered - perhaps that is why the conversion seemed to have dropped off? Anyway, I'll try calling the backdoor number later and see what they have to say. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Message 8 of 13
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

BUMMER - I am sorry to hear that. I do have the accelrated rewards version and I have been pretty happy with it (I did want both but geuss I waited too long). With the accelrated rewards AME you can easily convert the points to cash which they deposit in my checking account. I can do it all online from my logon. I wonder if they are getting ready to offer a different version.

Message 9 of 13
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Indeed, I was also considering doing a PC to this from an old FIA card, however now only the points version exists, I went ahead and did a PC to BankAmericard Cash Rewards instead for now, hoping for a new AMEX cash back in the future that I can PC into..

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.