Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards Approval Odds?

tag
Buckeye07
Established Member

BoA Cash Rewards Approval Odds?

679 EX with 22% UTL to CO from 3 years ago.  Do I have any chance?  AAoA 2 yrs 6 mos...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Cash Rewards Approval Odds?

@Buckeye07 wrote:

679 EX with 22% UTL to CO from 3 years ago.  Do I have any chance?  AAoA 2 yrs 6 mos...

Welcome to the forum

Need more info about your credit profile for better results but I will tell you to do your best to get UTL down before applying for any cards or CLI's ....

Just a general rule of thumb

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
Buckeye07
Established Member

Chase slate 1k

Discover It  1k

Barclays Rewards 1.25k

5/3 Student 500

Cap One 300

Freedom 500

Discover and Freedom havent hit my report yet but Discover will on the 26th with <10% UTL.  I have 12 students loans and 3 of them are reporting late payments from 2010 which are commented as under dispute.  I have a new car loan from a year ago with all payments in full and on time.  Slate cap 1 and barclays are 7 months old all with on time payments and the 5/3 student card is 4 years old all with on time payments.  14 inquiries in the last 2 years. 5 in 2013...

Message 3 of 13
knoregs
Established Contributor

Coin toss.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 13
Buckeye07
Established Member

I was approved for my Freedom last week after a recon.  Is the BoA card going to be harder to get than the Freedom?

Message 5 of 13
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I would let those new accounts age some. Maybe 6-9 months. It would probably be best to quit while you're ahead.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 6 of 13
Buckeye07
Established Member

Im not questioning you but why do you say that? Im still kind of new at this?

Message 7 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Buckeye07 wrote:

Chase slate 1k

Discover It  1k

Barclays Rewards 1.25k

5/3 Student 500

Cap One 300

Freedom 500

Discover and Freedom havent hit my report yet but Discover will on the 26th with <10% UTL.  I have 12 students loans and 3 of them are reporting late payments from 2010 which are commented as under dispute.  I have a new car loan from a year ago with all payments in full and on time.  Slate cap 1 and barclays are 7 months old all with on time payments and the 5/3 student card is 4 years old all with on time payments.  14 inquiries in the last 2 years. 5 in 2013...

I try and be as honest and objective when looking at a profile...My first impression was don't app and I'll tell you whySmiley Sad

You have to many INQ for this year.

Your UTL is a little high

All of your cards with the exception of one is under a year old

You recently had to recon for a approval which is a sure sign that creditors are also looking at your profile this way...

IMHO it's time to garden for 9 months and then get the card but this is all just my 2 cents sorry

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 13
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Once your new credit lines hit your account, your utilization will go down (hopefully). The fact that you had to recon an approval from Chase says that it's time to stop apping (at least to me).

BoA will probably be more likely to approve you if they see that you are able to juggle the cards that you have.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 9 of 13
Buckeye07
Established Member

I should clarify that Recon.  I had a collection account on all three and a $900 balance on my slate along with some smaller balances on the other two cards, my total UTL was 47 (incredibly stupid I know).  After talking to CSR she just said to take care of the collection and get the slate balance down to under half.  I got the collection deleted after PIF and my slate balance is 0 now (once I took care of these two things I called back and was approved).  As of today my UTL is 22% and next week when all bureaus are updated my UTL will be at 2%...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.