Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards Visa Signature To Platinum Plus Conversion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards Visa Signature To Platinum Plus Conversion

I have a 10k CL on a BoA BoA Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and I've read it doesn't report CL to the CRBs (only high balance). I am willing to give up the Visa Sig. benefits in order to convert it to a Platinum Plus account so that the 10k gets reported. Anyone have any insight into any downsides of this? Also will they HP/SP to for a PC?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Cash Rewards Visa Signature To Platinum Plus Conversion

Welcome to the forum, with BOA for any product changes there is no hard pull.   I just did a product change with BOA to a visa signature, be aware BOA will require you to decrease your cl to less than $5,000 because the computer will automatically with any card change revert to a siggy if you have over a $5,000cl, this is what happened to me I had a $5,000 cl and requested to do a product change I went with the BOA power points visa not the siggy, sure enough when everything was finalized i noticed on line it was a siggy card, well I was then furious because I never requested this type of card, called BOA and was told I had to decrease my cl to $4,900.00 in order for any cl to report, i did this then changed my mind decided to stay with the siggy card, called BOA again now  a hard pull to increase my cl (what a joke) had to be done to stay with the siggy card, I agreed to this cli  $1,100.00 was granted.  Good Luck in what you decide to do.

I had the platinium plus card and the rewards points are way less than other cards BOA offers

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

you get alot of benefits with the siggy card. alot of them just search visa siggy and see what you get

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind switching to AMEX you can get the BOA AMEX card which does report a limit and offers 1.25 points per $1 spent, 25% better than the standard visa sig card.

Message 4 of 7
calogan
Established Member

@tray wrote:

Welcome to the forum, with BOA for any product changes there is no hard pull.   I just did a product change with BOA to a visa signature, be aware BOA will require you to decrease your cl to less than $5,000 because the computer will automatically with any card change revert to a siggy if you have over a $5,000cl, this is what happened to me I had a $5,000 cl and requested to do a product change I went with the BOA power points visa not the siggy, sure enough when everything was finalized i noticed on line it was a siggy card, well I was then furious because I never requested this type of card, called BOA and was told I had to decrease my cl to $4,900.00 in order for any cl to report, i did this then changed my mind decided to stay with the siggy card, called BOA again now  a hard pull to increase my cl (what a joke) had to be done to stay with the siggy card, I agreed to this cli  $1,100.00 was granted.  Good Luck in what you decide to do.

I had the platinium plus card and the rewards points are way less than other cards BOA offers

Speaking as a platinum plus (non-siggy) card holder with over 10k limit on that card, YMMV.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 5 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I too had a Platinum Plus MasterCard with a 10K limit. In early March they offered a $50 bonus to convert to a Cash Rewards WORLD MC. the limit does report and World=Signature.
Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

@calogan wrote:

@tray wrote:

Speaking as a platinum plus (non-siggy) card holder with over 10k limit on that card, YMMV.

Well I had a non siggy platinium plus visa world points with a $5,000.00 cl reporting,  I am sure if I kept this card cl would have grown with cli's still reporting  but soon as I requested for a different rewards card my cl became an issue with BOA  and would only grant  a siggy card.  I hope in the future this bank reports credit limits with their siggy cards like chase and citi.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.