Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA | Citi | CapOne | AMEX CLI request questions

tag
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA/Citi/CapOne/AMEX CLI request questions

@stefanc wrote:

I have always done Citi CLI on the phone - I always ask that it to NOT be a hard pull. I've given them the number I wanted for CLI and answered the income etc. questions.

I have never had a hard pull from citi doing it this way, and literally on half my requests they have given me more than I even asked for (once by a few thousand)!

Of course YMMV, but over the last year (and as late as a month ago) that has been my experience.

+1

Online CLI request outcome is unpredictable and it could result in a HP

Message 11 of 14
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

Re: BoA | Citi | CapOne | AMEX CLI request questions

I can't speak for more than Bank of America since I have a card with them. I hadn't had my CL budge ever on BofA (it was sold from Citi to BofA around 2009 and all my auto CLIs were on Citi)...

I used to carry a balance of around 80-90% on this card up until early 2011 then I moved to a PIF (the balance deal was a result of being a college student). There was still no auto CLI and I was on a binge for a "World" card to have a nicer looking wallet (only had 2 cards at the time as I killed the rest with a $500CL CU card and the $3500 BofA)... I know the min. limit on the world card is $5K so I needed to move my CL up to $5K to consider it.

I used the online love button to request a CLI of $4500 as I wasn't sure I would get approved for it and got the call in message. I noticed that the auto CLI had adjusted me up to $4500 and the next day I did the call in and was told the approved information by the rep. I then asked for another CLI to get me over the $500 hump to $5K... Had to hold and get an intense look at my data (so I was certain there was a HP involved for both)...

Long story short (well not really short Smiley Tongue) I got both CLIs and I have no HP on any of my reports. So I guess BofA isn't always a HP as stated in the thread for a CLI.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 12 of 14
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks for the input everyone.  

It is interesting to know that things are not always set in stone, that you can get a CLI from BoA without necessarily a HP and that you can get HP from Citi if you're unlucky.  

Case in point, I asked for an online CLI from $6k to $15k on my wife's Citi Thank You Preferred card that had been open for about 5+ years and it was not instantly approved but asked for income verification.  Found out later that they HP'ed EQ also, which after the HP was 797 (FICO), so presumably over 800 before the HP but still not auto approved.  Perhaps the CLI was too much of a jump.  In any case, she hasn't yet sent in any income verification stuff yet (at this point she's in between jobs so it would only be my income) and the CL has stayed at $6k.

Message 13 of 14
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

I can't speak for more than Bank of America since I have a card with them. I hadn't had my CL budge ever on BofA (it was sold from Citi to BofA around 2009 and all my auto CLIs were on Citi)...

I used to carry a balance of around 80-90% on this card up until early 2011 then I moved to a PIF (the balance deal was a result of being a college student). There was still no auto CLI and I was on a binge for a "World" card to have a nicer looking wallet (only had 2 cards at the time as I killed the rest with a $500CL CU card and the $3500 BofA)... I know the min. limit on the world card is $5K so I needed to move my CL up to $5K to consider it.

I used the online love button to request a CLI of $4500 as I wasn't sure I would get approved for it and got the call in message. I noticed that the auto CLI had adjusted me up to $4500 and the next day I did the call in and was told the approved information by the rep. I then asked for another CLI to get me over the $500 hump to $5K... Had to hold and get an intense look at my data (so I was certain there was a HP involved for both)...

Long story short (well not really short Smiley Tongue) I got both CLIs and I have no HP on any of my reports. So I guess BofA isn't always a HP as stated in the thread for a CLI.

I know this post is a few weeks old, but you don't mention when this non-HP CLI occurred. Sounds like sometime in 2011? I was getting CLIs from the luv button every 6 months (most recently 8/2011) with no hards until February of this year. I believe this is a new development with BoA.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.