Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Credit Card Offer search questions

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

BoA Credit Card Offer search questions

If you do the search for offers on the BoA site and it says you aren't preapproved, there is no need to apply, right? I ask because someone told me they tried the search and was told they weren't approved but then they applied and was approved. Does this sound possible?

Thanks!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA Credit Card Offer search questions

depends if you have opted out of offers.
if you are opted in and don't get an offer, then i wouldn't waste the inq, you could possibly get declinded and countered with the 99/500 or fully secured, but if you don't want any of those cards...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Credit Card Offer search questions

Hi creditgirl. I have NEVER gotten an offer from BOA's preapproval link, even when my credit scores were recently in the low 700's (right before I killed them by adding 6 new accounts and double that in inquiries).

I applied for a second BOA card anyway, this after talking to the BOA virtual assistant, who said that you may still qualify even if there are no preapprovals.

So anyway, I applied and was approved for a new card CL @ $1500.00, which they immediately doubled to $3000.00 when I clicked the CLI button.

Also right before I applied for the BOA card, I applied for a "preapproved" AMEX card and for a mail offer that was sent to me by Discover. Both those resulted in a denial.

I don't know if I looked better to BOA because I have had one of their cards for 1 1/2 years and while often carried a balance (usually 80%), always eventually paid it off.

I think though, that you would probably want a 650 plus score to apply for anything but the secured BOA card. Probably higher than that is better. The virtual assistant did say that they look at more than score when considering applications.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-30-2008 02:20 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.