Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Credit Increase

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

BoA Credit Increase

As you guys know it unsecured from 400 to 700. Because of the cards that I recently got with awesome limits, should I call boa and ask them for an increase? 700 seems like a slap on the face. At this point thinking about excluding it from my wallet.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Credit Increase

Ive had the card over 3 years and never got an increase , still at my original 700. Took multiple hard pulls and always declined. I have been fighting with them for over 3 years and they always say they dont do auto limits , which I know is false. SAve your hard pull and use it somewhere else.

Message 2 of 6
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

I guess off to my closet this card goes.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 3 of 6
supersam101
Contributor

Lionsfan20 didn't say what's on his credit profile. I requested 2 credit limit increase and I received both. You should try but not if you recently received a lot of new cards.
Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 4 of 6
YahComb
Established Contributor

@supersam101 wrote:
Lionsfan20 didn't say what's on his credit profile. I requested 2 credit limit increase and I received both. You should try but not if you recently received a lot of new cards.

i agree, who knows what lionsfan20 situation is/was.  I requested a cli a few weeks after graduation, and another one less than 4 months later, so both were within 6 months of the graduation, and both were granted(i had to call in for the first one, only took 3 minutes, 2nd was instant) both times it made BOA my highest limit card at the time.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 6
hayabusa

lol my walmart card just got a $800 increase kinda slap in the face considering I have a combined credit limit over 15x that

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.