Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA / FIA recon or backdoor options?

tag
JayBeast
New Contributor

BoA / FIA recon or backdoor options?

I was declined for my college's alumni card through BoA / FIA.  I tried calling 888-831-4181 and was transfered at least 6 or 7 times the first time trying to reach the right department, only to be told to call back later by a phone tree.  I called the number back again and was sent to the card's application number, 800-932-2775, which won't let me reach anyone unless I want to apply again.  All I could reach there is an automated message stating I was declined (duh).

I also tried calling other numbers for BofA, 866-506-5067 and 866-865-7842, both state they're non-working numbers at card services.  These are the only numbers I could find here for backdoors.

Other than writing to the PO Box in TX, has anyone had any recent luck in the last month or so with a recon from BoA?  How did you do it?

Message Edited by JayBeast on 11-19-2008 11:05 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Re: BofA / FIA recon or backdoor options?

I had a successful recon a few months ago with the Fidelity Visa Rewards card issued by FIA/BofA. I posted about it on this forum after I was approved. I just searched for "FIA Fidelity Recon" and I saw my old posts on the subject come up and found the numbers I listed in the post, so if the following numbers don't work, refer back to one of those posts:

1-866-506-5067
1-888-831-4181

Message 2 of 8
JayBeast
New Contributor

Re: BoA / FIA recon or backdoor options?

Your post is the one I initally found.  I had no luck with any of the toll free numbers.  The only number I didn't mention in my post above is the 302-741-1825 which states it is an unlisted number with the Delaware Department of Transportation.
Message Edited by JayBeast on 11-19-2008 11:06 PM
Message 3 of 8
jaybird201
Established Contributor

The second number I provided in my previous post is definitely active. I just called the following number and was able to reach a credit analyst: 1-888-831-4181.
Message 4 of 8
ubermensch
Valued Member

I applied for a Fidelity Card yesterday and just called the 888.831.4181 number to get my status.  The person I spoke with could only say my application was "in the queue" and a decision would be made in 2-30 days. He didn't seem to have any authority to approve/deny or even look at the application.

Is there a way to talk to a decision maker at BoA/FIA before the initial approval/rejection?

Message 5 of 8
iBkickinit
Valued Member

Just applied for the BofA secured, and was denied according to the online system.  Called 1-888-831-4181. Was transferred to Applications Dept., who looked up my app and transferred to Reconsideration Team Member.  Was politely informed they DO NO reconsider secured card apps.
FICO 9-14-08: TU: 584 / EX:622 / EQ: 599
FICO 1-15-10: TU: 711 / EQ: 709
Goal: 800 Club!!!
Message 6 of 8
iBkickinit
Valued Member

Starting to think I should have applied for a unsecured card, then at least they would suppoedly have discretion..
FICO 9-14-08: TU: 584 / EX:622 / EQ: 599
FICO 1-15-10: TU: 711 / EQ: 709
Goal: 800 Club!!!
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got my secured card through recon.

It took me 3 reps and a supervisor to get it! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.