Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Fidelity World Elite Mastercard

tag
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

BoA Fidelity World Elite Mastercard

Has anyone heard of this card? I called BoA seeing if I could get my BoA BBR MC upgraded to a WEMC, and she said she could change my card type to a Fidelty WEMC. It would earn (I think she said) 1.5-2% or points back. And it supposedly has no AF.

I was thinking about it because I do want a WEMC, but I don't want to app for a new card, but I know nothing about this card. I was trying to google the card while she was doing things on her side, but I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know anything about this card?

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Fidelity World Elite Mastercard

Do you mean visa signature?

I have never heard of the Fidelity card coming in MC variations, though I have to admit I don't know much about their cards.

On the website all I could find is the Visa Sig and Amex version. https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/visa-signature-card

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Do you mean visa signature?

I have never heard of the Fidelity card coming in MC variations, though I have to admit I don't know much about their cards.

On the website all I could find is the Visa Sig and Amex version. https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/visa-signature-card

You know I'm not sure. She had a pretty heavy accent, so I couldn't fully understand everything. I could only find this card as well. And it doesn't help me because I don't have a Fidelty account. Thanks.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

People had mentioned previously that you could open a cash management account, which is free, to redeem the rewards. So that's one way to do it I suppose.

I'm not too sure either. Was debating about this card but its a little too ugly for me lol. I can easily get >3ccp for each UR point, so my CSP is effectively a 3% base card as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

Maybe it's image is why I can't seem to app for it either! Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

It really is a hideous card. I looked at it and I said "ugh" LOL.

But I don't want to get rid of my BBR card. It's an easy $120/year.

Maybe I'll try to contact Citi's EO to see if they will switch my MC to a WEMC. I know it's doable, but I haven't had the card that long, and they'll probably want me to have the card for a year, but it never hurts to try.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.