Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA - Flexible Spending?

tag
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA - Flexible Spending?

For my past experience with BOA and a Visa Signature card, you don't need to let it actually report. I charged about 3800 in one month, right before the cycle ended I paid the balance off and it reported as a zero balance but the high balance showed as 3800. Hope it helps
Message 11 of 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:
For my past experience with BOA and a Visa Signature card, you don't need to let it actually report. I charged about 3800 in one month, right before the cycle ended I paid the balance off and it reported as a zero balance but the high balance showed as 3800. Hope it helps

Great info to know.  Some card issuers do that and others only report the high statement balance as high balance.  Good to know how BofA acts.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@aloush11 wrote:

Good to know, thanks! This is gonna be an interesting experience... new stuff to learn!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@aloush11 wrote:

Good to know, thanks! This is gonna be an interesting experience... new stuff to learn!

This is one of the reasons (aside from signup bonuses) I enjoy most about opening new cards.  Learning and experience new features and what a new issuer has to offer.  I even find it interesting the differences in online account set up features.

Message 14 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

BOA also reports highest balance at any one time for me. So technically you can wait until like a week before the due date to pay off the first statement, then you'll have all of the first month+2-3 weeks more worth of spending. After that resume your normal PIF habits.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 15 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

BOFA religiously reports high balance at any point, not just the statement balance.

I think, and I could be wrong, that this is what FICO uses for calculation on FSA / Visa Sig accounts without limits.

        
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.