Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Gas Rewards

tag
kats_rebuild
Contributor

BoA Gas Rewards

I recently got the 123 cash rewards from BoA and I was wondering if the 3% cash back applies to service done at gas stations as well. I typically get my car repaired by a local mechanic at a Shell station and it would be great if I got 3% back on my service bill.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: BoA Gas Rewards

@kats_rebuild wrote:

I recently got the 123 cash rewards from BoA and I was wondering if the 3% cash back applies to service done at gas stations as well. I typically get my car repaired by a local mechanic at a Shell station and it would be great if I got 3% back on my service bill.

as long as the charge on your card comes from Shell and not another company operating within the Shell station you went to then i dont see why you wouldnt get the cash back. I go to the sunoco across from my work to buy cokes and i get the cash back So it doesnt matter what you purchase as long as it is coded with the gas stations name on it then you should be good.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 2 of 6
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

You would not get the 3% because, the card must be used at the pump, and it must post as an Automated Fuel Dispenser.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

You would not get the 3% because, the card must be used at the pump, and it must post as an Automatic Fuel Dispenser.

then how come they give me 3% cash back when i go inside the gas station to buy cokes? I buy 2 cokes at a total of $4 and i recieve about 12 cents cash back for that which is 3%.

Message 4 of 6
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I don't know YMMV, but whenever I go inside at a shell or any other gas station it posts to my BofA as Gas Station Ancilliary Services, and I only get 1% back.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 5 of 6
linux007969
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

I don't know YMMV, but whenever I go inside at a shell or any other gas station it posts to my BofA as Gas Station Ancilliary Services, and I only get 1% back.

well i guess each gas station is different with merchant coding.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.