Reply
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,904
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

BoA MC to WMC question

I have the BankAmericard Cash Rewards 123 or 321 (however you look at it) its the MC not VISA. Could I call and have that upgraded to the WMC with chip or do they just do the VISA Sig with chip?  I think I seen almost any card can have a chip for BoA.

 

Thanks

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Senior Contributor
B335is
Posts: 3,564
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.

Senior Contributor
yudeology101
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question


B335is wrote:

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.


I didn't know about this.

 

I got my BOA Cash Rewards Visa card upgraded to Visa Sig back in February of this year, had a $1k limit, took the HP for CLI, approved for the full asking $6k through recon.  Then I asked the analyst to see if i can get my card upgraded to Visa Sig, and she said yes.  So assuming that she used the same HP for the CLI + Visa Sig upgrade if HP was needed in general to get the upgrade....

 

Anyways,  yes it does take about 4weeks for the conversion process, I did get the new account #, and kept the same open date on the CR. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Senior Contributor
B335is
Posts: 3,564
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question


yudeology101 wrote:

B335is wrote:

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.


I didn't know about this.

 

I got my BOA Cash Rewards Visa card upgraded to Visa Sig back in February of this year, had a $1k limit, took the HP for CLI, approved for the full asking $6k through recon.  Then I asked the analyst to see if i can get my card upgraded to Visa Sig, and she said yes.  So assuming that she used the same HP for the CLI + Visa Sig upgrade if HP was needed in general to get the upgrade....

 

Anyways,  yes it does take about 4weeks for the conversion process, I did get the new account #, and kept the same open date on the CR. 


I was at $2.5k, took a HP for CLI to $5k then requested the upgrade about a month later.  At the time the analyst said it's not another HP.  OP, maybe find out if that's still the case from BoA before you pull the trigger.

 

Senior Contributor
yudeology101
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

[ Edited ]

B335is wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

B335is wrote:

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.


I didn't know about this.

 

I got my BOA Cash Rewards Visa card upgraded to Visa Sig back in February of this year, had a $1k limit, took the HP for CLI, approved for the full asking $6k through recon.  Then I asked the analyst to see if i can get my card upgraded to Visa Sig, and she said yes.  So assuming that she used the same HP for the CLI + Visa Sig upgrade if HP was needed in general to get the upgrade....

 

Anyways,  yes it does take about 4weeks for the conversion process, I did get the new account #, and kept the same open date on the CR. 


I was at $2.5k, took a HP for CLI to $5k then requested the upgrade about a month later.  At the time the analyst said it's not another HP.  OP, maybe find out if that's still the case from BoA before you pull the trigger.

 


I'm sorry...I've misread your reply, i thought you wrote it WAS a HP....Sorry for the confusion! :smileywink:  It's Friday and my head is going in the tubes...especially after reading some wild threads last night & this morning.

 

Yea, i don't think it's a HP to request the conversion from regular Visa to Visa Sig.

 

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Established Contributor
Jlu
Posts: 582
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

From my most recent experience - roughly 3 weeks ago...

 

Started with a BOA 3-2-1 Secured Visa card @ $300.

 

Graduated 1 year later with a CLI to $2500 and collateral refund.

 

Requested $8000 limit 2 weeks ago.. approved with a HP.

 

Requested (on the same analyst call) that the card be converted to a Visa Signature - no problem (sure that would apply to WMC).

 

Request submitted and takes 3-4 weeks to be converted - same account number, no extra credit pulls, same tradeline - just a shiny new card with Siggy/WMC logo & benefits that go along with it.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $7k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | Barclaycard $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom $3k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | BofA Cash Rewards $8k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & now I'm over 750! The membership has more than paid for itself!
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,904
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

Cool, I just took the HP yesterday for a CLI $3500 to $8100. I will call and see if I can get it upgraded to the WMC since I already have some VISA Sigs.
| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,904
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

Which # would you suggest I call and request the upgrade to WMC?

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,104
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

Try BofA:  866-811-4108  (Credit analyst - existing cardholders)

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,904
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: BoA MC to WMC question


myjourney wrote:

Try BofA:  866-811-4108  (Credit analyst - existing cardholders)


thought so.....thanks!

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+