Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

BoA MC to WMC question

I have the BankAmericard Cash Rewards 123 or 321 (however you look at it) its the MC not VISA. Could I call and have that upgraded to the WMC with chip or do they just do the VISA Sig with chip?  I think I seen almost any card can have a chip for BoA.

Thanks

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BoA MC to WMC question

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.

Senior Contributor

B335is wrote:

With BoA you have to apply for the upgrade, but it's no HP and takes about 4 weeks from request to card in hand.  I don't recall if they changed my acct # or not, but it keeps the same "open" date on the CR.

I didn't know about this.

I got my BOA Cash Rewards Visa card upgraded to Visa Sig back in February of this year, had a $1k limit, took the HP for CLI, approved for the full asking $6k through recon.  Then I asked the analyst to see if i can get my card upgraded to Visa Sig, and she said yes.  So assuming that she used the same HP for the CLI + Visa Sig upgrade if HP was needed in general to get the upgrade....

Anyways,  yes it does take about 4weeks for the conversion process, I did get the new account #, and kept the same open date on the CR. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yudeology101 wrote:

B335is wrote:

I got my BOA Cash Rewards Visa card upgraded to Visa Sig back in February of this year, had a $1k limit, took the HP for CLI, approved for the full asking $6k through recon.  Then I asked the analyst to see if i can get my card upgraded to Visa Sig, and she said yes.  So assuming that she used the same HP for the CLI + Visa Sig upgrade if HP was needed in general to get the upgrade....

Anyways,  yes it does take about 4weeks for the conversion process, I did get the new account #, and kept the same open date on the CR. 

I was at $2.5k, took a HP for CLI to $5k then requested the upgrade about a month later.  At the time the analyst said it's not another HP.  OP, maybe find out if that's still the case from BoA before you pull the trigger.

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

B335is wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

B335is wrote:

I was at $2.5k, took a HP for CLI to $5k then requested the upgrade about a month later.  At the time the analyst said it's not another HP.  OP, maybe find out if that's still the case from BoA before you pull the trigger.

I'm sorry...I've misread your reply, i thought you wrote it WAS a HP....Sorry for the confusion! Smiley Wink  It's Friday and my head is going in the tubes...especially after reading some wild threads last night & this morning.

Yea, i don't think it's a HP to request the conversion from regular Visa to Visa Sig.

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Established Contributor

From my most recent experience - roughly 3 weeks ago...

Started with a BOA 3-2-1 Secured Visa card @ $300.

Graduated 1 year later with a CLI to $2500 and collateral refund.

Requested $8000 limit 2 weeks ago.. approved with a HP.

Requested (on the same analyst call) that the card be converted to a Visa Signature - no problem (sure that would apply to WMC).

Request submitted and takes 3-4 weeks to be converted - same account number, no extra credit pulls, same tradeline - just a shiny new card with Siggy/WMC logo & benefits that go along with it.

AMEX SPG $20K | Citi TY Premier $20k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclay Arrival+ 40k | Chase Freedom $20k | BofA AMEX $15k | Discover IT $10k | | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $10k | Amazon Card $10k | NASA PLOC $30k @ 8.25% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Valued Contributor

Cool, I just took the HP yesterday for a CLI $3500 to $8100. I will call and see if I can get it upgraded to the WMC since I already have some VISA Sigs.
| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
across the board
Valued Contributor

Which # would you suggest I call and request the upgrade to WMC?

across the board
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Try BofA:  866-811-4108  (Credit analyst - existing cardholders)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Valued Contributor

myjourney wrote:

Try BofA:  866-811-4108  (Credit analyst - existing cardholders)

thought so.....thanks!

across the board

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.