Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Online Account - Credit Card

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

BoA Online Account - Credit Card

So I logged into my account and tried to click on my card and its black (instead of a blue link) and it says it is unavailable. Is the website going down for maintenance? 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Online Account - Credit Card

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So I logged into my account and tried to click on my card and its black (instead of a blue link) and it says it is unavailable. Is the website going down for maintenance? 

That happened to me once. It turned out that they were replacing the card because it was "compromised,", but they wouldn't tell me where. After a day or so, it came back and showed the new card number.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit card portion will do this often. Do you have deposit accounts? If you do, those should be in blue. I think they update their credit cards in the evening sometimes. Should be back in a couple hours, or by 6am the latest.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

That happened to me once. It turned out that they were replacing the card because it was "compromised,", but they wouldn't tell me where. After a day or so, it came back and showed the new card number.

After I posted this, I logged in to BofA and the same thing was happening. I don't know what's going on this time...

Message 4 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I'm waiting on my new card. It has the same number (already got the paperwork), but it was a secured that unsecured and got pc'ed to a 321 card. Maybe that has something to do with it? I should be receiving it this week sometime. It still worried me. I was just looking to see how many rewards I had earned!

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 5 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

After I posted this, I logged in to BofA and the same thing was happening. I don't know what's going on this time...

Oh crap. I hope its nothing on our end and just maintenance.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Oh crap. I hope its nothing on our end and just maintenance.

I'll check it again tomorrow afternoon. If it's back up by then, I'm not going to worry. I can still see my current balance, which looks correct, so I don't see a need to do anything yet.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked mine. Credit card is black and my deposit accounts are blue and accessible. Don't worry!

Message 8 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I just checked mine. Credit card is black and my deposit accounts are blue and accessible. Don't worry!

Ok, phew. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if it changes!

Message 9 of 18
core
Valued Contributor

Same thing with my account.  It is almost certainly maintenance.  Since tomorrow is a bank holiday, tonight would probably be a good time to do whatever they're doing.  That way if they royally screw something up they don't have to field a lot of calls from angry users since the office is closed. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.