Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA PC Visa to Mastercard *Update*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA PC Visa to Mastercard *Update*

They don't issue World Elite for this card. I am sure BoA may offer other options that you can get the WEMC in though.

Message 11 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the info!  Smiley Very Happy  I will need to do the same after the first of the year.  I have 2 Visa's with them and want to turn the one into a WEMC also. 

I'm sure lots of folks would, but not an option though.  Visa Signature or WMC are their highest tiers for the Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards (BBR is only Platinum MC).

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the info!  Smiley Very Happy  I will need to do the same after the first of the year.  I have 2 Visa's with them and want to turn the one into a WEMC also. 

Waiting a year isn't required. My account is almost 4 months old.

*Edit* Missed the wEmc part. You can convert to WMC anytime it seems.

Message 13 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They don't issue World Elite for this card. I am sure BoA may offer other options that you can get the WEMC in though.

No, they do not.  Unless you have a private wealth management CC in which some cases it is offered as WEMC.  So, to answer your question, one does not have the option to PC any product to WEMC.  You can apply for the Virgin Atlantic WEMC but it cannot be converted from another product that doesn't share the same program or rewards structure.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, they do not.  Unless you have a private wealth management CC in which some cases it is offered as WEMC.  So, to answer your question, one does not have the option to PC any product to WEMC.  You can apply for the Virgin Atlantic WEMC but it cannot be converted from another product that doesn't share the same program or rewards structure.

I had meant it would have to be applied for and only the card you had mentioned in the prior post. Sorry about the confusion.

Message 15 of 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Awesome, I'm actually in the process of changing mine from a MasterCard to a Visa Sig. Did you have to redeem your rewards to do it? They told me to wait until the statement cuts so I can redeem the pending rewards.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure lots of folks would, but not an option though.  Visa Signature or WMC are their highest tiers for the Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards (BBR is only Platinum MC).

I had a question about that actually. I just got my BBR, and when I log in to BOA's website, it calls it a "Platinum Plus" MasterCard. Does a "Platinum Plus" have more benefits than a regular Platinum or is it just marketing?

Message 17 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a question about that actually. I just got my BBR, and when I log in to BOA's website, it calls it a "Platinum Plus" MasterCard. Does a "Platinum Plus" have more benefits than a regular Platinum or is it just marketing?

It's just marketing.  Most of their current non-Signature or non-World cards are pretty much the standard Platinum Plus tier.  As far as BBR, it's a no-frills "balance" rewards card which does not have the option to be upgraded or PC'd to WMC.  Some folks have BBR in the Visa version as well when BOA used to allow PCs from other products into BBR and retained the original payment network.  Unfortunately, PCs to BBR are not offered any longer.  

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's just marketing.  Most of their current non-Signature or non-World cards are pretty much the standard Platinum Plus tier.  As far as BBR, it's a no-frills "balance" rewards card which does not have the option to be upgraded or PC'd to WMC.  Some folks have BBR in the Visa version as well when BOA used to allow PCs from other products into BBR and retained the original payment network.  Unfortunately, PCs to BBR are not offered any longer.  

@Agreed with @FinStar.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
Awesome, I'm actually in the process of changing mine from a MasterCard to a Visa Sig. Did you have to redeem your rewards to do it? They told me to wait until the statement cuts so I can redeem the pending rewards.

My rewards carried over!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.