Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Pre-Qualifier is back?

tag
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Pre-Qualifier is back?

@Duncanrr wrote:

It brought up their cash rewards card for me.  Didnt say here is your offer or pre-selected or anything.

+1

That's exactly the same response I received as well.

Message 11 of 27
sccredit
Valued Contributor

First time I selected "Travel Rewards" as an interest for the card and it took me to the site for the "Travel Rewards" card, second time I left it blank and it took me to the "Cash Rewards" card.  Both of them just had the "Apply Now" link

Message 12 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Well this pre-qualifier is a big let down. 

I got all excited D: 

Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it twice, first time I got their 1,2,3 CB Rewards Card. 2nd time just got their standard Visa card. Either way, not really interested just wanted to see if it would work.
This is what it looked like at the top...

You are prequalified for
Message 14 of 27
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure I'd want to touch that link even with a 10 foot mouse!  At least not yet, sounds buggy (then again, it's The BOA).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 27
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I was banging around on the BoA website today and it seems they have a new pre-qualifier tool. I know they used to have one but I remember reading that it was gone.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Am I just really late to the party?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/customized-offers/find-customized-offer.go?subchannel=ECV...

Too bad, I have blacklisted them, and I'm in the garden, 5 weeks no APs, was slightly tempted yesday 10% off my first purchase, and got home and found out it was a GE backed card and thought about ap-ing at home but nope, not going to do it, not giving up my spade, I have goals. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I was banging around on the BoA website today and it seems they have a new pre-qualifier tool. I know they used to have one but I remember reading that it was gone.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Am I just really late to the party?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/customized-offers/find-customized-offer.go?subchannel=ECV...

Too bad, I have blacklisted them, and I'm in the garden, 5 weeks no APs, was slightly tempted yesday 10% off my first purchase, and got home and found out it was a GE backed card and thought about ap-ing at home but nope, not going to do it, not giving up my spade, I have goals. 

I'm in the garden too, but I still check like all the pre-qualifiers like every day for fun Smiley Tongue I'll be excited when I see something actually pop up on amex's or discover's 

Message 17 of 27
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Well I tried it, they offered me the Bankamericard cash back card. I just don't see how its a "pre-qualification" considering my reports are frozen solid and NO other lender has been able to soft my reports.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 27
Ocelot87

It offered me the cash rewards card but I know I wouldn't pass for it. It said nothing of being prequalified anywere on the page other than a apply now, a phone number on the bottom with a priority code, is the priority code the same for everyone or different?
Message 19 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I guess it's like an invitation number. This seems more like a "Special Offer" that you would get in the mail as opposed to a pre-approval/pre-qualification. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.