Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Pre-Qualifier is back?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

BoA Pre-Qualifier is back?

I was banging around on the BoA website today and it seems they have a new pre-qualifier tool. I know they used to have one but I remember reading that it was gone.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Am I just really late to the party?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/customized-offers/find-customized-offer.go?subchannel=ECV...

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Pre-Qualifier is back?

Last thing I knew they didn't have one. I just tried that site and after entering my info I got a message saying page unavailable. Did it work for you?
Message 2 of 27
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Very interesting. This is new to my knowledge, as the old preselector that bofa had hasn't worked for quite awhile

edit- Like jsu said it does seem kind of buggy. I think it offered me a 123 card but it was really hard to tell since the software didnt really seem to be working properly. It also asked me to log in to view my offers after I filled out the prequalifier info and hit submit

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It kicks me back to offers, but it seems very buggy, I've had to refresh the page a few times just to get an offer. The offers it gives me seem no different than their default offers they have on their CC page, and it never uses the words "Pre-qualified" or "pre-approved" anywhere...nor does it use the words "Sorry we couldn't find an offer for you." It seems less like a pre-qualifier and more like it is simply trying to further entice you to apply for a product by giving you the misconception that you are pre-qualified. 

Message 4 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not sure if this is legit. Offered me a card but I know for sure they cant access my reports with freezes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 27
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Not sure if this is legit. Offered me a card but I know for sure they cant access my reports with freezes.

At least discover's, amex's  and cap1's basically tell you to go away if you don't have an offer, here they just throw an offer in your face and go "TAKE IT!" 

Message 6 of 27
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

All it did was take me directly to the product information page for one of their cards. Not sure if it's not functioning as intended or if they're trying to trick people or what.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 7 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

At least discover's, amex's  and cap1's basically tell you to go away if you don't have an offer, here they just throw an offer in your face and go "TAKE IT!" 

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 27
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking this feature is still in some sort of beta testing phase, given how buggy the interface seems to be.If thats the case, then hopefully boa will be able to refine it over the next few weeks so it more closely mirrors the prequalifiers of the other ccc's.

As it stands right now it is not even really a prequalifier at all unfortunately.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 9 of 27
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

It brought up their cash rewards card for me.  Didnt say here is your offer or pre-selected or anything.

hmm

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.