Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Premium Rewards Card now Live!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Premium Rewards Card now Live!

I will go after this card.  I need to wait until all my cards report $0 balance on all my CRAs...end of October.

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they say no gift cards for the travel credit.  I wonder if it will work with gift cards. If not it goes from being a 600 dollar sign-up bonus to 400 dollars.  

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So they say no gift cards for the travel credit.  I wonder if it will work with gift cards. If not it goes from being a 600 dollar sign-up bonus to 400 dollars.  

Who will be the first one to try it? Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Rumor is BOA wont approve if you have more than 2 approvals from them in the last 12 months. This is probably why so many are being denied on reddit, DOC etc.

Rumor is just that-a rumor and and an incorrect one at that.  My approval was 3rd in last 12 and 4th in last 13 months.

Edit-reviewed my reports to verify but here's my apps and opening dates:

BoA Business Alaskan Airlines - opened 8/12/16

BoA Alaska Airlines - opened 11/21/16

BoA Merrill Lynch+ - opened 11/21/16

BoA Premium Travel - opened 9/18/17

Message 24 of 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Rumor is BOA wont approve if you have more than 2 approvals from them in the last 12 months. This is probably why so many are being denied on reddit, DOC etc.

Rumor is just that-a rumor and and an incorrect one at that.  My approval was 3rd in last 12 and 4th in last 13 months.

BoA Business Alaskan Airlines - opened 9/12/16

Thanks for the clarification, but that rumor had me assured that I would be gardening for at least another two months! LOL

(Platinum Plus 11/2016, Cash Rewards 06/2017)

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

BoA Business Alaskan Airlines - opened 9/12/16

Thanks for the clarification, but that rumor had me assured that I would be gardening for at least another two months! LOL

(Platinum Plus 11/2016, Cash Rewards 06/2017)

Sorry but

APPLY!

Message 26 of 43
happypill
Valued Contributor

I want to apply and this is a perfect card for me, but I'm going to wait.

Last week I decided to grab the Merrill+ card before it's closed to new apps, and got 3 other cards at the same time.  Total spend to get all the sign-on bonuses for those cards is about $10k, which is pretty much right at my normal spend levels (I do some travel for work).  I'm not sure I could meet another $3k spend comfortably right at this moment.

This was all planned and my Merrill+ card just arrived today.  I have top level premier rewards so this card will replace my BofA Travel Rewards as my daily driver once I get it.  Hopefully I won't have any trouble getting it.

Message 27 of 43
mdd0214
Contributor

Denied

I have a cash rewards from like 2011, I had a BBR from about the same time (2012?) that I closed last year and I have a Travel Rewards that I opened just over a year ago. I've never churned BoA cards at all. Never apped for the Merrill card or MLB or the other churnable cards like Alaska I think.

I've seen my exposure go from $15k to $99.9k in the past year through steady CLIs until just before the summer when they said I was at the max exposure

I've used CR for balance transfer offers, and even after hitting minimum spend I've used TR pretty regularly for some groceries and it was connected with my Uber account.

I'm LOL/24 overall and many of the accounts have been closed already 

Not sure I care enough to recon and offer to close/reallocate my credit lines. 

Message 28 of 43
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting that applications are open, OP! 

I've been lurking the MyFico forum daily to see if any updates were available for this card Smiley Happy

Just apped and instantly approved for $12k.  In terms of stats, $45k annual income, highest preferred rewards tier, # of inquiries for last 24 months: 2 EX (soon to be 3), 2 TU, 1 EQ.

I also have 2 other CCs with BoA: Travel Rewards, and BRR. Last new account was the BRR back in January 2017.

Best of luck to all that apply! I have a feeling that 50k bonus isn't gonna hang around for too long Smiley Very Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

No brainer for anyone who banks primarily with BoFA.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.