Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Premium Rewards Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Premium Rewards Credit

Seems like the BoA Premium Rewards card has a similar incidental credit policy as the Amex Platinum and Chase Ritz Carlton. You're only supposed to use this credit for incidentals such as checked bags, upgrades, etc. However I've seen many posts on here that say small airline gift card purchases work. I.e. less than $100. Does anyone know if the BoA Premium Rewards card also credits airline gift card purchases? Seems like a $100 airline credit for a $95 annual fee is a no brainer.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Premium Rewards Credit

After reading some more about it and general stuff about credit card purchases. I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
Credit card companies don’t have the ability to actually see what was purchased unless some kind of investigation was done.
Atleast that’s my impression from what I’ve read about it. Could be totally wrong though

So as long as the place your buying it from places it in the right category it should be reimbursed.

I’m sure other members will have more experience with this. I’m curious about this as well since I have a BOA card.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA Premium Rewards Credit

The card is new so not a ton of data points yet, but in general small transactions from some airlines do trigger the credit. I believe neither Delta nor Southwest trigger the credit. But pretty much anything under the sun from American will as long as it is charged by them.

For any legitimate incidental charges from a domestic airline, you can always call BOA to have it credited. Any merchant supplying Level III transactional data to their card processor will show what is on the invoice. There are some retailers that I buy from at work that show item name and price for every item on an order when we get our credit card statement.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.