Re: BoA Prequalified Offer - No Thanks

Would you rather get a Credit One pre-approval?  Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

At least I know not to expect anything good from them....BoA I expect more from...I should be a valued customer. I literally put tens of dollars through their card a year. Smiley Tongue 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

"Our lowest available interest rate"

20.99%

lol

Yeah. I about died when I saw that. My ring card is 8%...if I ever need to carry a balance....8%...20.99%....Hmmmm. Which to choose....

oh oh oh! i know this answer! 20.99%!!!! did i get it right? Smiley Tongue

Totally. Smiley Tongue

I is a total finance wizard, i should go make tapes Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 25
Jlu
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

At least I know not to expect anything good from them....BoA I expect more from...I should be a valued customer. I literally put tens of dollars through their card a year. Smiley Tongue 

Tens of dollars huh? You must be their most valuable cardholder.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 14 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well...1.5% isn't super attractive. I get 2% on citi DC, 5 points/dollar on restaurants and amazon with the citi forward ( i know thats not exactly 5% but it's better than 1.5% Smiley Tongue ) Plus I'm doing signup bonus spend for my marriot, citi DC, and amex PRG right now. $70 away from my 70k points from marriot Smiley Tongue 

Message 15 of 25
Jlu
Established Contributor

You missed the points, lol, it was a joke because tens of dollars = $10 as opposed to what I think you meant as tens of thousands Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 16 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

You missed the points, lol, it was a joke because tens of dollars = $10 as opposed to what I think you meant as tens of thousands Smiley Wink

No, I meant tens of dollars....That was my joke. You missed the point Smiley Wink 

Message 17 of 25
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Jlu wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

LOL!

If it helps at all, my Cash Rewards card has been stuck at 20.99% since 2012, but I still get 0% BT checks every 2-3 weeks.

Message 18 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I think you're right not to waste your time with that offer. After hearing all the crap about BoA's customer service, I plan to stay far away from their cards in the future. With them, I've never gotten any prequalified offers but that's the same across the board for most other lenders except for Credit One. Lol.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you get an offer Smiley Sad I have yet to be prequalified for anything and rather than take a HP I just converted. Though I'm sure that would be the APR I would get now, so it's better that I converted (BOA is my oldest card and lowest APR)

Related but unrelated.

After I aked for a PC to the Cash Rewards, they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse on my Platinum Plus Visa (which I'm assuming is similar to this offering); 0 % APR on balance transfers and cash advances until April 2016, granted with a BT fee..

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.