Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Rewards VISA *updated*

tag
soILseminole
Contributor

BoA Rewards VISA *updated*

hi everyone,

i was so excited to find out yesterday i was immediately approved for this card, $2500, which is my highest CL as of now. 

After reading some threads on here it seems to have a mixed user review. Some say the CL is not reported as others have said just ask and they will report. Personally i like the rewards, have a history with them for many yrs (checking & savings) and thought this to be a premier card for them. Am i wrong in that? Is this card pointless in regards to util and fico scoring? My app to research was a** backwards on this i know, but id like to hear everyones thoughts on the matter, esp current card holders

Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Rewards VISA sig

It will be reported as your version of the card won't be a Visa Signature, the signature is reserved for credit lines of 5k and up among other things. 

the nice part is once you get your CL about 5k BOA is good about PCing to the Signature Version if you want that

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 3 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 15
soILseminole
Contributor

ryan,

what do u mean my version? I have not got the card obviously but from what you are saying, i should expect a BoA Rewards regular card? 

Message 5 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@soILseminole wrote:

ryan,

what do u mean my version? I have not got the card obviously but from what you are saying, i should expect a BoA Rewards regular card? 

Yes, if you apply and are not eligable for the Signature version they will approve you for the regular version.  Visa Signature cards require a 5k credt line so your version will most likely be the standard version not the signature.

the rewards will be the same the only thing the signature really does is give you a few more benefits and NPSL which is determined by the issuing bank not Visa

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 15
soILseminole
Contributor

thanks for clarifying that. on my confirmation email it shows a visa sig card, so i assumed that was what i got.  Im actually glad its just the regular after reading about the hassle of the siggy reporting/not repoting CL. Either way, a new $2500 to "stare" at and let grow, haha. thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 15
soILseminole
Contributor

thanks guys, kinda pumped...my next highest CL is walmart card at $900...big difference!

Message 8 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@soILseminole wrote:

thanks guys, kinda pumped...my next highest CL is walmart card at $900...big difference!

how long have you had your walmart card open?

Message 9 of 15
soILseminole
Contributor

just opened, i havnt recieved the actual card yet

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.